Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gigabyte Acrylic "Show Case"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

Always needs to be faster!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
Gigabyte Acrylic "show case"
Free Case from Gigabyte. Nothing super fancy, but a case they use to show off their gear!

Unboxing
With this case not being a retail case, it arrives in a bog standard brown cardboard box. Well packaged with a good few inches of foam keeping the case well protected from damage along it's journey.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Externals
The case externally is kept very plain with extra frills such as USB ports or headphone jacks. Instead, just 2 simple switches for power and reset.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would like to have seen some LED's to light up the "Gigabyte", but understand that costs have been kept to a minimum to keep focus on the internals rather than the external.

Posted Image

Likewise, some might not aprove of the black acrylic front, and would rather view the case completely transparant.

Internal

Having a quick look inside, you can see the "simple" look continues. This is most likely again to the case being a "show case", where bare minimum requirements are met.

Posted Image

Around the back we can see the case uses a single 80mm fan with some holes pre-made for running hoses for external watercooling. Personally, I think the 80mm is a mistake, and should be replaced with a 120mm fan seeing as how this is the cases only source for ventilation.

Posted Image

However, what I do really like is the metal work within the case. Too many acrylic cases substitute the mounts with plastic ones and the metal brings a nice touch to the case.

Posted Image
PERSONAL BESTS : E8600 @ 4.8GHz <thumb> E6750 @ 4GHz <thumb> QX9650 @ 4.4GHz<thumb> I7 920 @ 4.6GHz!

Skorchio : "when you turn that on your log on to windows sound should be "Hello ladies and gentelmen thank you for choosing elemental airways, we are now cruising at 36,000 feet""

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
Reserved for further pictures and conclusion
PERSONAL BESTS : E8600 @ 4.8GHz <thumb> E6750 @ 4GHz <thumb> QX9650 @ 4.4GHz<thumb> I7 920 @ 4.6GHz!

Skorchio : "when you turn that on your log on to windows sound should be "Hello ladies and gentelmen thank you for choosing elemental airways, we are now cruising at 36,000 feet""

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Oooo nice. What you got this for?

PeterStoba

PeterStoba

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
I seen a blue version of this case, it looked really nice. I agree with the 80mm fan though, will be noisy :(

Geralt

Geralt

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
looks like acrylic tj-07 to me. It looks nice now but can u imagine pain in the butt removing all the fingerprints from that acrylic after some period of usage???

Also i guess with this case we can forget about "hiding the cables behind mobo tray" eh??
" There are some things Man should not know, for rest is Google":D

" Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you to his level and beat you with experience"
:P

Chuck Norris knows more than Google<dance1>

noobieocer

noobieocer

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
will be a nightmeare to make it look "clean"

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts

With this case not being a retail case

Well.... if its Gigabyte showcase only and no-one can go and buy one anywhere...........

who cares?

:(

Edited by K404, 01 August 2009 - 04:00 PM.

Pablo

Pablo

Monster Hunter MK2

• Members
  • 3,274 posts
Am i allowed to say i dont really like it.....?:o.

its nicely made by the looks of it, but somethings telling me to jump up and down on it and start again.

Maybe the Massive Gigabyte logo spoils it.... if i had this case, id want the logo to be very small so i didnt admit to making it.

Guess its personal preference though.

But as you say keep costs to minimum, so no thrills just a showcase spec, so fair enough.

Its to show insides off and advertise the Gigabyte branding for advertising.

So in that respect, its doing what it was designed to do.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
Defo a TJ07 rip off,they can see a class case and tried to jump on the band wagon.Come on,even the power switches are in the same place.:|I hate acrylic cases and this just s**s :P Would give you a fiver for it.:P

Andy

Toolate

Toolate

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
it looks okay to me when empty, if I load all my stuff in it well probably look wierd :P

ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Defo a TJ07 rip off,they can see a class case and tried to jump on the band wagon.Come on,even the power switches are in the same place.:|I hate acrylic cases and this just s**s :P Would give you a fiver for it.:P

Andy

The whole point is the case isn't meant to draw attention to it's self. It's meant to showcase Gigabyte's kit at stuff like Cebit.

Posted Image

E8400@4Ghz, 4GB OCZ Reaper PC6400, Biostar Tpower i45, Asus GTX275, Asus Xonar DS, 8TB HDD space, Logitech G15 rev2, Roccat Kone, Lian Li V2000

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
well it won't be showing of very much then :P

Andy

Wild-Bill

Wild-Bill

• Members
  • 2 posts
I just got this case in the mail. I would love to hear about and see what you have done to it over time :) Any updated pics??

Thanks!!!!

-- W/B

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
I never got to use the case - my case arrived on time for LAN (just) and then I had to move. I'd like to make another gigabyte system in it 1 day but atm I lack the money - been unemployed since July

~Bex

Wild-Bill

Wild-Bill

• Members
  • 2 posts
Ah, well that certainly does makes a difference in things when you're just not able to :( I totally understand, but I'll keep a watch on this thread in case you are able to work on it again.

Good luck with everything!

Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer

Eyefinity Guru

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
Hmm.

Bex, intrested in sellin it?

Would love to try and mod it to take my system :o

My Rig:
I7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz
16GB DDR3
Asus Maximus V MATX
2 x AMD 290X @ 1100/1300
XFX 1KW Platinum PSU
Parvum Custom made - Soon Core P5 Wall case
Cooling: 2 x ET45 Alphacool Copper, 2x 290x EK, 1x EK HF, D5, EK Tube, 10/13 White Tube.
Phillips 4k 40" Monitor

Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
I would say yes because I need the money - BUT - It's quite a fair bit away and I won't be by any time soon sadly. And I would like to make it into a quiet media PC or something when I eventually get some money...

~Bex

Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer

Eyefinity Guru

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
comeon... what price you looking for

My Rig:
I7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz
16GB DDR3
Asus Maximus V MATX
2 x AMD 290X @ 1100/1300
XFX 1KW Platinum PSU
Parvum Custom made - Soon Core P5 Wall case
Cooling: 2 x ET45 Alphacool Copper, 2x 290x EK, 1x EK HF, D5, EK Tube, 10/13 White Tube.
Phillips 4k 40" Monitor

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
Come on pd, you know you shouldn't be discussing trades in open forum.

Please continue badgering Bex via PM or the trading section.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users