Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Toolbox

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
Mine is one out of a 50 piece toolkit(the one scan sell)by belkin so cant complain too much
Still though, plugged it in, was working, unplugged it to move to somewhere more comfortable to work on my switches, didnt work :/
Changed fuse twice but nowt

Pablo

Pablo

Monster Hunter MK2

• Members
  • 3,274 posts
if its the switch its not to expensive to sort out, but if its element, easier to buy a new one.

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
im guessing element as taken it apart and wiring seems fine

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
The most useful tool i have used in all my builds has got to be the Magnetised screwdriver.Number 1 for all them awkward places,has to be a long one and philips.;)

Andy

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
re-starting this sticky, started to build up my toolbox last night, ordered a load of different m3/4 bolts, some allen keys, screw driver w/ interchangable heads (magnetised), long phillips/flathead, simple pliers + adjustable grips.

intend to expand it next payday and get the actual toolbox :D

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Can anyone recommend a good jigsaw for about £50 or even cheaper?? Would prefer one with a laser and some kind of clamp/guide so you get straight cuts. I cant cut straight AT all with a jigsaw :blush:

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts
What are you cutting?

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
My case lol, 800D. Will be steel, but also want one good for cutting acrylic etc. I heard pendulum action jiggys arent good for cutting acrylic, is this true? Most at b&q are pendulum ones :/

Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer

Eyefinity Guru

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
they do an Ok job, but they melt the plastic and leavs behind a mess that just rejoins the plastic together, I use a tile cutter with a plastic cutting blade for Plastics

My Rig:
I7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz
16GB DDR3
Asus Maximus V MATX
2 x AMD 290X @ 1100/1300
XFX 1KW Platinum PSU
Parvum Custom made - Soon Core P5 Wall case
Cooling: 2 x ET45 Alphacool Copper, 2x 290x EK, 1x EK HF, D5, EK Tube, 10/13 White Tube.
Phillips 4k 40" Monitor

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Yeh my old bosch jigsaw done that to some acrylic i cut a while back. Finished cutting some acrylic and was like "eh, could of sworn i cut this a sec ago" lol

But thought i would ask here about jigsaws, cause you can bet at b&q if i ask them about pendulum action they wont have a clue what im on about lol

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts

Yeh my old bosch jigsaw done that to some acrylic i cut a while back. Finished cutting some acrylic and was like "eh, could of sworn i cut this a sec ago" lol

Thats becasue your going to fast :), don't push so hard.

For Acrylic and thin Aluminium a router is your best tool, make a MDF jig the use a flute with ball bearing to cut the acrylic.

For Jigsaws, anything Makita, DeWalt or Bosch and your'll be fine <dance1>.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts

they do an Ok job, but they melt the plastic and leavs behind a mess that just rejoins the plastic together,

If you put masking tape where you want to cut,this stops the melting alot.
Also this helps.
Jig Saw or Band Saw:
Jig saws can be used to cut acrylic when you need something other than a straight cut. To reduce the work of cleaning up the cut, use the finest blade that you can find. Blades with reduced depth (like those used for scroll work - shown below) will work best due to less friction and less resistance when turning the blade. You'll have to experiment with cutting speed to see what works best. Too much pressure can cause excessive chipping. Going too slow may cause the acrylic to melt. If the acrylic melts when cutting, use a light lubricating oil. Have someone apply the oil to the blade as you're making the cut. DON'T use an aerosol dispensed oil. The propellant may be flammable and may be ignited by the jig saw motor. I've had good results with the blade shown below.

Posted Image

Andy

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
tile cutter works fine, coming from a tile worker :P cuts it VERY quick and a nice edge too.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Thanks for the info!! I have a tile cutter so will use that in future for acrylic.

I just bought a new jigsaw today :) A McAllister one, laser and a guide which is ideal for me, dont have the steadiest of hands xD. Hope to get my case cut up tomorrow with it :)

Sanguinius

Sanguinius

• Members
  • 1 posts

Lidl have a multi jigsaw going on offer atm 29.99 if I remember correctly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users