Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How to mod a ddc pro Into a ddc ultra. By Robump 56k warning

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Robump

Robump

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Hi

I thought it was about time i wrote guide, to assist all you people with ddc pro's. That want to make them more powerful and just get that bit more perfomance.

I have founda way to mod a DDC pro intro an ulta, with olny onelittle bit of wire.

Here is what you need.

1. Soldering iron with solder.

2. Verys hort piece of thin wire, you could even use solder.

3. A ddc pro, with pcb board revision 3.3.

4. A philps headed screw driver.

Here is how you do it.

This is it before i started, straight from the shop:

Posted Image

1. Take apart your DDC pro by losing the screws on the bottom in a X fasion.

Posted Image

2. Then lift the top off the pump, bring carefull with the o-ring DO NOT LOSE IT:

Posted Image

Posted Image

3. Lift the motor and the impella out o fht main housing of the pump.

Posted Image

4. Then look at you pcb, it will say 3.3 on it if it is moddable, then look where the wires are souldered onto the board, notice at the right hand side of the wires, there is a spare copper tab. This is what you solder onto, sorry about the poor pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

5. Take a small piece of wire, and join the two right hand tabs together, ifyou dont have an small bits of wire, you could use a bridge of solder. Sorry about the poor quality of pics.

Posted Image

6. Then place your pump the right way up again and put it back in its housing, so it looks like this:

Posted Image

7. Remeber that o-ring. Well this is where you need to use it, replace it in the groove before wither adding a custom top (mine is the alphacool one). Or just replace the old one, like this:

Posted Image

8. You are done, go about and cloat that you did a very useful mod, mine looks like this:

Posted Image

Hope this comes in use for some of you.

Thanks for reading.

Rob

a.k.a Robump

Rob can i have a bonus pump for increasing your sales :D

jjbull

jjbull

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
damn i think i have the older model with the black impeller

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts
Nice guide Rob :)

I would give you a sticky, but this does infact Void your warranty with us and Laing.. We've had this problem before and Laing simply will not accept these pumps back under RMA thus voiding the warranty for us to them and you to us as a retailer.

Although this is probably exactly how Laing change the Pro to the Ultra in there factories, they won't accept them back if there is any kind of after market solder or heat on the board.

mattblackone

mattblackone

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
i got a new pump
Posted Image

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members