Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Galileo - Photos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
Some of you may already have seen this in my build log and various other posts, but thought I'd post a few shots of my rig here anyway:

Original Watercooling (October 2008)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Revamped Watercooling (March 2009)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After a new Dye Bomb....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
Update

Well after a pretty big re-hash of the WC loop, here's the latest set of photos of Galileo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,147 posts
Nice Craig,now you can take the protective film off the EK res bay.:D

Andy

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
:lol: There's no film on there. Some coolant leaked through the cap when I was bleeding the loop (didn't have it tightened properly) so that's what you can see on the right-hand side.

Not sure what the bubbles are on the acetal around the spinner, but it's inside the o-ring so it still seals fine :)

reefer86

reefer86

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
looks very nice tho man, you allways seem to get a few little bubbles around. give them a knock and they should come out tho.

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
Tubes look awsome, so much better without coils

shorts

shorts

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
wow really does look so much better, can i ask though how have you connected the tubing to your rad, ive only got a single bay xspc res but ive had to put it right down the bottom bay to be able to get the tubing onto my tipple rad?

Zaragon

Zaragon

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
The angle of the tubes from the graphics card fitting look a little odd as though the tubing isn't fully seated or has slipped.

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

The angle of the tubes from the graphics card fitting look a little odd as though the tubing isn't fully seated or has slipped.

I know the tubing looks a bit precarious, but I have definitely tightened the compressions and leak-tested it for a good few hours, so it's definitely safe. The CPU-GPU hose looks the strangest, but it's all good :)

wow really does look so much better, can i ask though how have you connected the tubing to your rad, ive only got a single bay xspc res but ive had to put it right down the bottom bay to be able to get the tubing onto my tipple rad?

I've used 45-degree rotary barbs on the rad, so the tubing doesn't run downwards, so there's less interference with the res. With my old XSPC Bay res, I did have to position it further down the rig, but the EK Spin is only half as deep, so it doesn't extend as far back :)

shorts

shorts

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
hmmm might have to invest in some sometime then, might be able to get mine looking a bit neater :)

cheers for the info

reefer86

reefer86

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Tbh i loved the black and red with the coils, thats was diffrent but really really nice. The again i really like the green only.
My Rig.

Case : Corsair 800D
CPU : AMD X4 965 C3
Ram : 4Gb Crucial Tracers 1600 7-7-7-18
Motherboard : Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P
Graphics : HIS 5870 - EK fullcover Block
Sound : XFI Titanium Pro
PSU : Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 750w
Storage : 80gb Intel SSD GX2 - 1Tb Storage
Cooling : Swiftech GTZ - EK 5870 FC Plexi -XSPC RS360 and XSPC RX120 - Xspc Res

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
dude howd you get your colours to come up so well? what lights are you using?
Posted Image

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
There's two UV tubes in the rig - half of the four-lamp kit that WCUK sold back in April/May 09 - not sure if they still sell them. Think they're Sharkoons but not too sure.

The secret is a camera tripod and long exposure - half a second on most of the newer photos (minus coils). Coolant is Thermochill EC6 UV Neon Green :)

underdog

underdog

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
very nice indeed mate. i is jealous. will try the exposure thing next time i take pics of my rig. cheers.
Posted Image

msimon

msimon

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
That res looks really nice.

think i should get this or the dual xspc res Craig?

whats your thoughts on it, quality, finish and materials

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
Personally, I'm leaning away from bay reservoirs now, but it's just a personal choice - the EK Spin is decent though - it's moulded from solid acetal, not plastic so it's a pretty hefty unit. Finish is pretty much perfect as well.

The only downside for me is that I've had to fill it to the brim to stop an annoying "trickle" sound as the coolant made its way down the waterfall, and there was a vortex effect on the outlet that basically made it impossible to bleed.

Also, if your case has guide rails for 5.25" drives, you'll need to chop them, because the res is completely flat on both sides, so because it spans multiple bays, the rails will be in the way.

It's a great concept and really well made though, it just has some fairly minor problems. My next rig (Discovery) will be using EK Multi-option cylinder reservoir(s) so I won't have anything in the bays :)

msimon

msimon

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Thanks Craig for your thoughts, might be one of my choices then or a bitspower one if i can find one,

even with the minor problems this res sounds pretty good.

also guide rails doesn't matter for me as i dont have them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users