Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Setting up folding

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

7755matt

7755matt

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
Im trying to get it set up for this fileserver thing. Its a pentium D940 and a 7300gt. What client do i use? Ive been looking and trying to follow some of the guides but im not succeding (i dont think).

There was one guide that I was managing until it said I had to put in my windows password. I don't have one, and it wouldn't let me any further without one.

Any suggestions?

cheers

lasher

lasher

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
Is it just a folding rig your setting up matt?
Or are you wanting to remotely monitor it?
sorry dont quite understand...

Ive set my rig folding using the console version.

Once setup it runs as a windows service and can be monitored with Fahmon.

If you need a hand with the console i can help but im lost with anything more advanced.

Posted Image

Lian Li PC-X2000 Tyr, Asus P5K Premium, E8400 @ stock, GTX280OCX, 4GB Geil Black Dragons, WD 500gb, Sam 250gb.
Watercooling : 2x Laing DDC Ultras XSPC res tops, Thermochill PA120.3, XSPC V3 CPU block, EK280GTX block, 2x120.1 Magicool's.

7755matt

7755matt

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,012 posts
well its acting as a filer server back up rig

Was looking at how to set it up properly but got lost in the myriad of instructions for console/client etc.

It is doing something though, so maybe it is working right?

Edited by 7755matt, 22 February 2009 - 09:26 AM.

lasher

lasher

Level 6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
if your running the console version and youve got it running ok as a service you should be able to pull up task manager and see two processes like FahCore_78.exe ( if your running on dual core that is )

ive got mine running at 100% so you will see on performance tab the cores flat out.

Running console theres a program called Fahmon that will tell you how far the protien etc has progressed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lian Li PC-X2000 Tyr, Asus P5K Premium, E8400 @ stock, GTX280OCX, 4GB Geil Black Dragons, WD 500gb, Sam 250gb.
Watercooling : 2x Laing DDC Ultras XSPC res tops, Thermochill PA120.3, XSPC V3 CPU block, EK280GTX block, 2x120.1 Magicool's.

mattblackone

mattblackone

Level 10

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
Hey matt
Give ian a shout he gave me loads of help getting mine set up

Bill
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Hi Matt,

with a D940 you best bet is to use the ordinary console client, click here to download.

As you have a dual core processor, you can run 2 of these clients as they are single threaded.

Create 2 folders e.g. "Folding 1" & "Folding 2" and unzip the client into each one.

Run the client in the first folder , completing nick and team details,
just hit enter on "passkey".

Leave the next 2 options on the "no" default. The next option set to big if you have 512MB or more of ram.

Next option to change advanced settings, change to "y",
Core priority leave at idle,
CPU usage default to 100%, so set as suits your rig (my server is at 100%).
You can just enter through the next 4 options,
at "Set -advmethods flag" change to "y".
Enter past the next one and leave "Machine ID" at 1.
Next option is to run as a service, so y or n as you want.
you can enter through the remaining questions and the client should now start as an open console.

Follow the same process for the client in the second folder, but give it Machine ID 2.

You should then have 2 clients running.

If you have to shut the system down, close the client consoles with Ctrl+C.
Next time you start the PC both will run in the back ground as a service.

To monitor the clients, you can use FahMon from any other computer on the network or even remotely with a VPN.

HTH.

Ian.

ian.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users