Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Faster work units

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

k3rr78

k3rr78

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Hi i've just joined folding@home and i'm wondering if/how to crack out more work units. My set-up is the same as my signature but got my cpu @ 2.4 GHz. I'm currently using windows CPU client version 6.23 built November 26 2008. If it makes any differnce.
Case - Silverstone TJ07
CPU - E2180
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP31 DS3L
GPU - Sapphire 1GB HD4870
Water Cooling - Not yet
RAM = 2GB Corsair Twinx XMS2
Power Supply - Corsair HX1000W
Storage - 160GB Hitatchi Deskstar

Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Hi there,

\\:D/ to the forum.

The first thing I would suggest is using the GPU client from here.This should give between 2,500 and 4,000 points per day depending on Work Unit with your GPU.

To speed up your CPU client you need to speed up your CPU. It should comfortably Fold at 2.8-3.0GHz depending on your cooling.

You can run both clients at the same time and can monitor there progress with FahMon.

Ian.

ian.jpg

k3rr78

k3rr78

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for the welcome and info. I've just downloaded the GPU client (3rd one down from the link you gave) and it can't connect to the server(see pic below) - do I need to set something up or is it something to do with the server?
I can't get my cpu to oc any more than 2.4 don't know why it won't save via the bios settings so I have to use gigabyte easy tune and it won't boot over 2.4GHz.

Posted Image
Case - Silverstone TJ07
CPU - E2180
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP31 DS3L
GPU - Sapphire 1GB HD4870
Water Cooling - Not yet
RAM = 2GB Corsair Twinx XMS2
Power Supply - Corsair HX1000W
Storage - 160GB Hitatchi Deskstar

Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Hi,

looks like a server problem, it's showing status 503 which usually means the server is very busy and can't handle the load. It should sort itself out shortly.

Ian.

ian.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users