Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

World of Warcraft Chat !!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

Darkmyst

Darkmyst

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
My Wife is disabled, and I would agree, that mmo games can be a total waste of time & life, however I have to say that these games also supply enjoyment, for people, as you dont get judged, for being in a wheelchair.. if you follow me here.. to many times, I've seen people cross the road, or look away.. Lame maybe, but im afraid alot of people are like that. In game she can be whoever she likes, with knowone any the wiser..

Ho.. I should add, my hobbies inclued Jumping off mountains, with some silkfabric above my head.. Hoping I hit a good thermal.

Jumps of the box.

Edited by Darkmyst, 22 October 2008 - 04:03 PM.

insomnai

insomnai

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
MMO's are for the online sociability. I made a LOT of friends on WoW. Just like our chatbox on WatercoolingUK. Except I can kill people with ridiculously powerful fireballs and pyroblasts. Which is fun!

I can't stand going to the pub all the time, there's nothing fun about it, too many idiots that think that just cos they're capable of causing trouble, they will and do.

I'd rather play a game with hundreds of like minded people who all enjoy the same thing.

Of course the die hard hardcore raiders spoil it too. As well as the gold farmers and grief parties. But that's another story.

Regards

Insomnai / Craig

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts

My Wife is disabled, and I would agree, that mmo games can be a total waste of time & life, however I have to say that these games also supply enjoyment, for people, as you dont get judged, for being in a wheelchair.. if you follow me here.. to many times, I've seen people cross the road, or look away.. Lame maybe, but im afraid alot of people are like that. In game she can be whoever she likes, with knowone any the wiser..

Ho.. I should add, my hobbies inclued Jumping off mountains, with some silkfabric above my head.. Hoping I hit a good thermal.

Jumps of the box.

MMO's are for the online sociability. I made a LOT of friends on WoW. Just like our chatbox on WatercoolingUK. Except I can kill people with ridiculously powerful fireballs and pyroblasts. Which is fun!

I can't stand going to the pub all the time, there's nothing fun about it, too many idiots that think that just cos they're capable of causing trouble, they will and do.

I'd rather play a game with hundreds of like minded people who all enjoy the same thing.

Of course the die hard hardcore raiders spoil it too. As well as the gold farmers and grief parties. But that's another story.

Regards

Insomnai / Craig

absolutely. it's total escapism as well as great for social interaction with likeminded fellows. Albeit,you may have to contend with the occational 13 year old making pen*s jokes but on the whole it's good, clean harmless fun.

narion

narion

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Check out the youtube show the Guild funny and in some ways surprisingly accurate about hardcore raiders ;)

Skorchio

Skorchio

How much can i fit in this space, ow i can fit loads in this spa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts
This thread has taken a very profound turn, but i think its much needed as MMO'ers get alot of stick!

Unless you have played it and got adicted, you cant really comment, its easy to say "go out more" blah blah blah, but what if you are really insecure and got bullied at school and dont really have anyone you can "go out" with.

Wow offers somthing that people in this possion hold on to because it does not matter about race, looks and popularity.

One example, my best mate has been playing wow with me for years now, we both got in to a guild and made many friends, we got really friendly with one guy, made an arena team etc etc, after about a year we found out he was a guy we know from school who we never talked because he sat on his own in the library every day. Strang eh? I now go over his house quite alot and like to take him out with me. Propaint met him at I34 :)

Wow gives sociability (if thats even a word) to some people that real life cant!

So dont be so quick to moc, just because you lucky enough you have friends you can do all this with.

Edited by Skorchio, 23 October 2008 - 01:06 PM.

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
it's because we say things like FTW, IMBA and WTFPWN :D

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
you wait. blizz have brought out the nerf bat, big time! subscribers are gonna be dropping like flies!

Darkmyst

Darkmyst

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

you wait. blizz have brought out the nerf bat, big time! subscribers are gonna be dropping like flies!

WTB Nerf bat !

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
WTT Nerf Bat for Last 2 year of my life.
LF2M to PUB, need Tank and DPS to cope with trash mob aggro!

:D

insomnai

insomnai

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Guys that's enough. I play WoW and i've had enough of this being turned into an argument by narrow minded players / non-players alike.

welshD1k, friend you need to calm yourself, you're extremely defensive on this subject and while I can appreciate that, it has blinded you to the truth that some people simply do not understand the point of an MMO or that they do understand but are taking the pee just cos they can. Relax a little, step back a bit and see it for what it is before it ruins friendships here. Hope you're ok mate.

Freshage, since this post has been moved to 'off the wall' i'd like to see all the other non watercooling related threads moved here, so of course the post counter isn't abused on any subject rather than singling out 'warcraft' related conversations.

Cheers.

insomnai

insomnai

insomnai

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I think of my woman being an undead lock. She sucks the very life from my soul destroying me slowly... ROFL.

Although, she could be a GM. As she can swap classes. I think mostly she's a rogue. Hiding then hitting me with a kidney shot.

ho ho what fun!

Darkmyst

Darkmyst

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Sorry, cant do it, the wife would kill me,,

I have Hunter 70, lock 70, priest 70... and in the BG rouges are a pain in the butt. Maybe i should make one.

(Calmed down now.)

freshage

freshage

Level 10

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
hehe, i had a 70 rogue and a 70 hunter.

rogue was s3 full with both slow mutilate daggers and mutilate spec :D loved BG'ing with him hehe, hunter was just a shadow farmer in s1 gear lol

chris
Posted Image

Skorchio

Skorchio

• Members
  • 3,167 posts
How about we get on to slagging Blizzard rather than eachother?

How dare thay nerf paladins before WOTLK comes out!!! I love Pwning everyone in PVP :D

I havent even respeced my mage yet since the patch!!! No point tho, will just get nurfed!!

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts
tell me about it! they even nerfed locks! fortunately it was dest spec locks that took the hit, and i love affliction :D

narion

narion

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
lol, fire mage is fun now too although LOVING Prot Warrior tis the tastiest spec atm (other than pala which i don't hold against them as they sucked for so long so kinda deserved some love (and i have a pala))
Edit: trying my best to push convo back on track :)

Edited by narion, 24 October 2008 - 10:30 AM.
every effort being taken to get onto topic

Guest_welshD1K_*

Guest_welshD1K_*
  • Guests
Hmm what spec best for pala atm? Im confufled used to be 100% holy but after patch went retri cant decide what to go i like tanking / healing and got a sweet sheild/ sword combo

Skorchio

Skorchio

• Members
  • 3,167 posts
GO Ret mate! Seiously you need to try ret before they nerf it, there invincable!! I can do 10k burst.

Guest_welshD1K_*

Guest_welshD1K_*
  • Guests
Ha ha kk what does nerf mean? I guess 2handed wep for retri! Dude get online and boooost me ha ha give me a reason to buy leach king!

narion

narion

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
welshd1k which server did u say u were on? and allies or good old horde (no favouratism honest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users