Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Coolermaster Cosmos S Pictorial

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
Will add proper text later once i've finished doing the cooling inside it. :)

Nice big box with nice looking packaging

Posted Image

Relatively well packed with polystyrene, the TJ07 and V2000 are both packed better though.

Posted Image

What's inside this lovely brown bag?

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 brank spanking new Coolermaster Cosmos S of course!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Front Panel

Posted Image

Roof

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rear Panel

Posted Image

Insides

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cable Management holes = winner :D

Posted Image

Mobo Tray Side

Posted Image

marcus.jpg

Dan

Dan

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I must admit those cable manage holes are pretty neat, I'm not looking forward to putting my own in my TJ-10 once it arrives (and the Cosmos S ones look really neat!).

A lovely case really, what kind of cooling are you planning to put in there? Also, what's in that little box in the lowest cage at the front of the case? :D Last question, can you buy the coolermaster case covers without having to get a case? :P
Posted Image

D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
Looking forward to seeing what you got planned mate, it's a great case and looks the biz with some H20 inside:

Posted Image

=D>
I have a penis and a brain, but not enough blood to run both at the same time...

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts

Last question, can you buy the coolermaster case covers without having to get a case? :P

lol not that I know of but you can buy a few of the other parts seperatly! :P

http://www.coolermas...ex.php?cPath=78

marcus.jpg

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Would a Thermochill Pa120.3 fit in there with a little drilling/dremeling?

ian.jpg

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
Hmmmm haven't got one with me at this moment, got one arriving this week though.

If you wanted to put a PA rad in I would be tempted to dremel out all of the honeycomb mesh and then all you'll have to do is re-drell the fan holes.
Shouldn't be too difficult and I can give you over a top secret paper cut-out Thermochill template! :lol:

marcus.jpg

Guest_welshD1K_*

Guest_welshD1K_*
  • Guests
vga duct looks funky gor them :D might help with my 8800 air problem untill i get a water block ?

glen29

glen29

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Looks l;ike agood case, im undecided on to get this or a TJ07, how esy is it to fit a 360 rad in the top of that ?
Posted Image

prosser13

prosser13

Gaffa tape and WD40...

• Members
  • 1,891 posts

Looks l;ike agood case, im undecided on to get this or a TJ07, how esy is it to fit a 360 rad in the top of that ?

120.3 bottom section, 120.2 in the top :)
Posted Image

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
It's pretty easy to fit a rad into the roof of the TJ07 but you're limited to using a Black Ice Stealth or other crazy thin rad. :-k

marcus.jpg

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts
Nice pics... Adding to that is this video review of the Cosmos S

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
Can anyone with a Cosmos S nearby check to see if mounting holes are there for mATX boards.

It's not for me, it's an e-mail on the shop.

Ta. :)

EDIT: Actually, I can see from looking at my pictures that the sheet stuck to the mobo tray has mATX labeled on it.

So this case WILL accommodate an mATX board. :)

Edited by Marcus, 03 November 2008 - 07:09 PM.

marcus.jpg

lewijr

lewijr

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hmmmm haven't got one with me at this moment, got one arriving this week though.

If you wanted to put a PA rad in I would be tempted to dremel out all of the honeycomb mesh and then all you'll have to do is re-drell the fan holes.
Shouldn't be too difficult and I can give you over a top secret paper cut-out Thermochill template! :lol:

Have you tried or know anybody who has tried this yet?

OneEyeUK

OneEyeUK

Level Eleventeen

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
No need to try and shoehorn a PA120.3 into a Cosmos S.

Black Ice 360GTX is more than ample for most setups, espesh if you set up fans in push-pull arrangement.

If you feel you want a bit extra cooling, it's possible to get a 120GTX on the bottom 120mm intake as well.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

BattleMetalChris

BattleMetalChris

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
The Cosmos cases remind of the Python, Anaconda and Boa Freighters from Frontier: Elite II, because of the skids they sit on.

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
Marcus could you do a comparison with the 1000 the main difference and rads it will take and stuff im leaning towards one of them its just the bottom im not sure on i like seperate compartments and like plexi windows

Biggles

Biggles

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I don't like the honeycomb.

Having said that that's the first case I've seen which may tempt me to upgrade me chassis.

The added bonus being I'm not without a PC while I mod me case ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users