Follow the guide and you could get the same reults as i did very easily and for about £1.00- if you have scissors!
You will need-
2) about 24 double-sided sticky foam pads (they are very cheap so make sure u get a better make-they stick better)
3) A drive that you want to stealth
4) A computer of course to put the drive in!
5) A Brain
6) The drive face plate for your computer
7) Some sort of sanding tool to make the inside of your backing plate flatter.
1) Start off by cutting/sanding/snapping the tabs of the drive face plate- use a dremel or file to do this (i used a dremel with sanding drum)!
2) Using your dremel with sanding drum or disk or some ordinarily sandpaper to sand down the face plates grooves that go across and down until all are sanded down. If u used a dremel you can use some sandpaper to get rid of the plastic melts!
3) Place the double sided stick pads along the opening, i normally stack 4 stick pads on top of each other and do 4/5 accross. Do the same for the switch, stack 4 on top of each other but leave the paper bit on the top of the stickpad on, otherwise your drives faceplate will stick to the drive!! . oh yeah when stacking the foam pads on top of each other remember to remove the paper part other wise they will not stick as well!.
4)Now that this is all done all u need to do is stick the drive face plate to the drive by removing the top protective paper but as i said earler not on the switch! Align the face plate with the drives edges so that the drive will fit flush and try to test. Then screw the drive in!
5) connect up all the leads and wires and u have youself a stealthed drive and to open it just press the corner where the switch is and you shouldn't have any problems like me.
Here is my drives now! hehe
And them open
So thats how you stealth a drive the easy way!!! Have fun!
Edited by Marcus, 14 December 2008 - 03:10 PM.