Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Silverstone TJ07 - Pictorial

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Mr_Tall

Mr_Tall

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Just taken delivery of one of these things. I could only just fit the box in my car - not a hope in hell of it fitting in the boot, and it was a squeeze to get it on the back seats. :)

Pablo

Pablo

Monster Hunter MK2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
New build coming then =D>

Mr_Tall

Mr_Tall

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Oh yes :)

clone

clone

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Oh yes :)

Looking forward to seeing this :)

Danawar

Danawar

• Members
  • 3 posts
Such an amazing case, i like it soo much :P but unfortunat that it comes with such a large price tag. I spose you pay for the quility =)

insomnai

insomnai

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
it's a nice case, i was thinking about this one before going for the Cosmos-S. The internal quality of the cosmos is great. haven't had problems with screw fittings, you've put me right off this one though.

Will keep an eye on this one and see how it goes!

Have fun mate

Insomnai

StreetSam

StreetSam

• Members
  • 1 posts

4/ This final niggle I would actually class as INFURIATING. Want to put a hard drive in one of the cd-rom bays with a 3.5-5.25 adaptor? Well you can do that, but you can't have the drive bay cover in front of it as idiotically the covers are designed to use the front set of drive mounting holes as part of the attachment mechanism! To get round this you'd actually either have to perform surgery on the drive cover

Hi all new member here.

I had the same trouble but if you file away the "thread" on the inside of the bay cover you can insert a 3.5" to 5.25" bay adaptor. However it does take a while to line up the holes and get the first screw in.

BattleMetalChris

BattleMetalChris

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Just use elastic and have a suspended drive. Solves the adapter problem and you end up with a near-silent drive too.

DougC

DougC

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
You can use a 5.25 adaptor and retain the bay cover without any problems. I used mounts for my t-balancer and screwed on the bay cover no bother. You just need to trim the sidepanel lip.;)

Edited by DougC, 20 November 2008 - 12:28 PM.

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
There are lots of solutions to the problem. The basis of my point originally though was not that it isn't possible, but that it could easily have been designed to avoid the issue in the first place in my opinion. :)

There shouldn't have been any need for trimming, bodging or elastic. I still don't understand how this got through to the final design.

My own solution was not to use any of the bay covers at all anyway and replace with a an almost full length front piece.
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

DougC

DougC

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Agreed. Merely pointing out one solution to the above posts.:)

Was that the one with the dual bay res bubble showing? Nice mod...:)

pja123

pja123

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Does anyone know of anybody who's replaced the lower bay mesh grills with something less restrictive? Been looking for a set of lian li casters as well to put on mine (black), can't find anyone in the uk who has stock though.

Edited by pja123, 29 December 2008 - 02:20 PM.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts

Does anyone know of anybody who's replaced the lower bay mesh grills with something less restrictive?

I did this to mine.used some AC Ryan mesh.
Posted Image

Then glued on some spare acrylic over it.
Posted Image

And looked like this.
Posted Image

Andy

pja123

pja123

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Nice one Andy. Initially i overlooked the AC Ryan stuff because I was worried about the hole size thinking it was going to be much larger than the silverstone mesh, because of your picture though i can contrast the two easily - thanks mate! :)

Is that AC Ryan mesh pliable enough to bend around into the side panel, like the original stuff? Were you able to exact a cut to fit into those tiny slots?

How much mesh did you have to buy, was one lot enough?

Chokkan

Chokkan

• Members
  • 21 posts
I think I've decided on this case rather than the Lian Li V2010. This case is so much cheaper and it is rather beautiful.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
The mesh is very pliable.the only snag with the mesh is i couldn't get it exactly like the original.I didn't bother trying to create the exact tags and the slight folded edge.As you can see i put a frame round mine to cover up the edges.i bought one of these http://specialtech.c...?productid=2909 and still got 3/4 left,will use it sometime.

Andy

sayso74

sayso74

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
how did you hold the mesh in place thinking of doing this myself.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
I just used some aroldite,and put some weights on it till dry.;)

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users