Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

WatercoolingUK bench Team on HWBot.

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
um yeah, try downloading it from guru3d there might be a patch for it, I think that might be the one you have to register 'pay for' to view results.

If Kenny wanders in here Im sure He can give you the heads up on that.

alternatively, drop me a pm I may be able to point you in the right direction :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,673 posts
Downloaded v.1.10 (as apposed to 1.30) and got it down in the end. :)

Got 19.5K in 3DMark05, but apparently thats not enough for any points, shame aswell as that was at 802/930, it completed at a much higher 841/970, but the score was 200 points lower.... :?

Still a 120mm fan has brought my NB temps down immensely (54*C+ all the way down to 35*C), so i'm stable in windows at 3.78Ghz. Gonna tinker around some more and see if I can get anything high enough to snag some points. If not i'll have to wait till I build the QC Penryn/DRR3 monster in a couple of months time. :P
I have a penis and a brain, but not enough blood to run both at the same time...

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
Keep up the effort Cypha, is all good experience, even with your current set up you can get points. try 3d 03 it may be better suited to your gpu.
You can get hardware points if you get high enough with your set up.

Nice clock btw :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
The "view your results online" thing is to "encourage" people to buy the full version, which apparently gives ya a score at the end.

The ORB will only accept results from the latest version of each bench, so might have to choose what convenience means more to ya :)

D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,673 posts
I got it all figured out now lads, so no worries....

In fact, I got my first points, 4th best 2900PRO 3DMark05 result! WOOT!
I have a penis and a brain, but not enough blood to run both at the same time...

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
Congrats m8
Posted Image
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
@Busta,

I'm a member of another team, but can't figure out how I switch to WCUK.

Any ideas?

Ian.

EDIT:
DOH! as soon as I asked the question I found the answer :?

I'm now a WCUK team member. Going to have to rreload all the benchies now.

ian.jpg

K404

K404

KennyC

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
Scores and points can be transferred between teams, its fine (well...not for your old team...but...y'know :))

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

@Busta,

I'm a member of another team, but can't figure out how I switch to WCUK.

Any ideas?

Ian.

EDIT:
DOH! as soon as I asked the question I found the answer :?

I'm now a WCUK team member. Going to have to rreload all the benchies now.

Awesome Ian! great to have you on board! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
Awesome result on 3dmark 03 today! http://www.hwbot.org...e.img?iid=87115

:D
Posted Image
Posted Image

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Those 3870 X2s are certainly doing the business in the benchmarks. Be interesting to see how the dual GPU Nvidia cards do when they're released.

ian.jpg

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
Yes, Im really happy with the last result on stock cooling. Didnt come easy. Im sure the table will turn with the new nvids.
Posted Image
Posted Image

D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,673 posts
Oh wow, i've had a fun few days.

As you could probably tell I was really getting into this (I blame my slight OCD tendancies, i'm easily drawn in by numbers and statistics) and in the end was pushing quite a serious OC.

I got into Windows a few times at around the 4Ghz mark (3970 fully stable, 4010 stable until I tried opening an application), but a slight backtrack to 3890Mhz and I was running 3DM03 and wprime fine.

Anywho, long story short it wouldn't complete the CPU tests in 3DM05 so I went to check load temps and voltages with TAT and after 12-13 minutes it froze up. For the life of me I couldn't get back into BIOS. Tried 2 RAM kits in all slots, an old P4 560, a different PSU and GPU, removing all the disk drives and HDD's, nothing would get me more than the "lights are on but no ones home" treatment....

After a few hours I gave up and, although the fans, HDD's and even mobo lights were buzzing with life when I pushed the power button, starting blaming the motherboard. I was literally about to go round a relatives and order a new mobo but decided to have 1 last crack at it. I stripped out everything from the case (including my waterloop) and tested again. hey presto instantly back into Windows with my previous 3.8Ghz OC.

Obviously at this point I was a little confused and didn't really know what the fuck was going on, but then it started to become clear. Basically, long story short, as soon as I put everything back in the case the problem came back, I shouted and sweared a little and removed the screws from the PCI cards to strip it all down again but decided to push the power button 1 more time. Again, instantly back into Windows with no problems.

Obviously, although how I dont know, the screws that were holding the PCI cards in place to the case are shorting it out or something. It's literally as soon as I put 1 screw in, dead as a doornail, take 'em out, all good.

Thankfully this just gives me an excuse to shell out on a TJ-07. :D

Anywho yeah, back again and i'll be still be pushing for points.

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
That's so frustrating, I've had similar things happen over the years.

It may be a sign the the motherboard is warped, often caused by the pressure from the CPU waterblock bolts.

ian.jpg

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
Wow, so somehow the mobo screws are causing a short? thats very odd, and Ians theory seems quite feasable. Do you have a backplate to hold your waterblock?
If not maybe that could be an option to try.

Sorry to hear of your issue, and your not the only one, I had a failed 'winflash' bios update on my new dfi x38 lt t2r mobo.
thing froze half way thru the flash. all settings were on defaults. mobo ended up dead!
anyhow I had to get another bios chip which thankfully restored my prized mobo :) [took 1 day for the supplier to get it to me] awesome service!
next im going to hot flash the corrupt bios chip so I will have a back up.
needless to say no more winflashing bios's for me, back to good old Floppy!

and I just got a ek waterblock for my 3870x2 arrive today, so my gpu will be under water for even better 3dmark scores! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,673 posts
I do indeed have a backplate for my block. It could also have been causing issues, but where I repeatedly swapped out CPU's (and in doing so repeatedly mounted the block) I cant be sure.

All I know is that I wont be moving my current case about too much with nothing supporting the lump that the 2900 is. :P

Still, me and Rob have talked and the TJ-07 is in the pipeline (just gonna have to avoid the pub for a few weeks to justify the cost :? ).

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
Wouldnt mind one of those cases myself, its a toss up between tj07 and lian li v2100
Posted Image
Posted Image

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

Wouldnt mind one of those cases myself, its a toss up between tj07 and lian li v2100

Better look or better internals for WC :)

My Blog => http://adriank.org

bustamove

bustamove

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
Mainly to house wc components, without too much of a squeeze. I hear the 2100 is great for watercooling, im not to keen on the front panel on it tho the tj07 looks nicer, but really I just want to house my kit in a good case.
I actually have two apple mac g5 cases, Im seriously thinking of chopping one in half and using it as a base for the 2nd, see where this is going?
Posted Image
Posted Image

D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,673 posts
Back with vengence. :twisted:

Now top 5 for 2900PRO in 3Dmark 01, 03, 05 and 06.

I'm hoping that the new 8-pin PCI-E compatible PSU i'm getting tomorrow will allow for even higher clocks, but either way i'm happy with what i've got.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users