Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Lian Li A70 - Pictorial

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about it? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about it?

1. Looks sweeeeeeeeeet! (13 votes [46.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

2. Meh I'm not too bothered by it (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

3. Urgh its a boring black box! (10 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
I think i've found a new favourite case.. it has always been the V2000 but now... I am falling for the A70!!

Front Panel

Posted Image
Posted Image

Backside of the case

Posted Image

Front side.

The PSU can either be fitted in the top OR the bottom section allowing a PA120.3 to be installed into the roof.

Posted Image

Up here you can either put HD's, a PSU or leave it empty for a radiator.
Posted Image

PSU Goes here or you can blank it off and probably fit a 120 or 240mm rad on the floor.

Posted Image

Crazy overkill HD cooling, will create a wind tunel around the GFX area though so this case is probably fairly good for air cooling.

Posted Image

Rear of the case... 120mm fan and vented PCI slots

Posted Image

To put all this into scale, thats a PA120.3 sat on top of the case

Posted Image

and I also reckon a PA120.2 will fit in here, either where it is at the moment or rip the HD cage out and stick it there.
Posted Image

Opinions?
Do you like this more than a V2000?

IMO it looks very sleek and clean, much more clinical than a V2000... this might not appeal to everyone but I think that if I was given the choice between the two I would pick this.

Another thing that is a massive bonus in my book is that unlike the V2K, all the external panels can be removed from the internals and be anodised or powdercoated!!!!
8)

marcus.jpg

Bigdavegrrr

Bigdavegrrr

IS BACK! MWHAHAHAHA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
Im sorry, as I said to Marcus on MSN:

Internals are great, but its just boring on the outside. There really is no imagination, its a square box, you might as well paint it beige, in fact if it came in beige it would look like an old case.

Lian Li did so well to get away from the whole square box thing with the v2000 then they went straight back which is crap! Imagine those internals but v2000 style externals =D>.

Apple showed the world a computer doesnt need to be a beige square box. SO WHY DO PEOPLE STILL MAKE BEIGE SQUARE BOXES!! :<

Not that I like anything else about apple other than some of their designs.

Sorry guys, its really not for me. Insides are great but they need to let a designer loose for the outside next time :?

willowthewhite

willowthewhite

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
The internal features are great, the exterior is a liitle plain and boring, but perfect for the modder :wink:
Asus P5NE-SLI, core 2 duo E6550 @2.8GHz, 2Gb corsair xms2 pc6400 800Mhz (5-5-5-12), 2x Asus Geforce EN8800gt 512Mb,19"lcd(1440x900) WD 150Gb raptor, WD 400Gb, ocz 600w psu, Windows Vista 64 (SP1).
Project: Geminate

Daza

Daza

MR D to you.

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
As Dave said a big box really just doesnt do it for me.

A pa120.3 in the roof, Pa120.2 on the hdd and a PA120.1 on the back looks perfect for some serious cooling but the design just isnt there.
MR D to you.

Mizpah

Mizpah

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
nope not for me either.

I want a double width TJ07, (think mountain mods), with the extra depth of a TJ10, and some of the internal features of a TJ09 - and no door!

Surely thats not too much to ask ?

Bigdavegrrr

Bigdavegrrr

IS BACK! MWHAHAHAHA!!!

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

nope not for me either.

I want a double width TJ07, (think mountain mods), with the extra depth of a TJ10, and some of the internal features of a TJ09 - and no door!

Surely thats not too much to ask ?

Ahem! 8-o)

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
IMO the outside isn't boring, it's elegant. It's the sort of subtle styling that never goes out of fashion. If you put that next to the sort of beige box we're imagining here in real life you would see a huge difference. It's about the sharp defined lines, the little attentions to detail and the amazing finish to the metal. I did like the divergence into the 'V' styling too, but this is an example of what Lian Li do best - understated and extremely well engineered.
You need to see these things in the flesh to appreciate them, with the best will in the world, pictures don't nearly do them justice :)
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r

Level 10

• Members
  • 1,673 posts
The only Lian-Li case i've ever liked the look of is the V2100 PLUS in black, but only because it looks so monolithic....

Everything else looks pretty dire in my opinion, especially comapred to Silverstone's offerings. :?
I have a penis and a brain, but not enough blood to run both at the same time...

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
*start plug*

It's an ideal case for painting since the external panels seperate easily from rest of case... :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

*end plug*

marcus.jpg

skully

skully

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Thinking of getting this case for my next build
I think it would be a lot of work to get how it looks like in the pics.
Top and front could be done in acrylic or alu with a finned look.
Posted Image

Its not pretty but if it was poss to do it i think i could live with it :D

Mattmc91

Mattmc91

Level OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 3,540 posts
not too fond of the big bar in the middle, that'd come out :P

skully

skully

Level 3