Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Upgrade Advice

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

RampantParanoia

RampantParanoia

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Hi all,

I built my current PC back in 2009 and aside from a new graphics card and more RAM it hasn't changed much since then. It's now getting unreliable so I'm looking at upgrading to an X299 based build. I have a custom watercooling loop for the CPU using the following:

Laing DDC-1T Pro Pump w/ EK X-Top (Plexi)

Swiftech Apogee GTZ CPU block

Thermochill PA120.2 Radiator (2x120mm)

Feser One premixed coolant

I haven't kept up to date on watercooling hardware but the loop is still fine. Obviously with a new CPU socket I'm going to need to replace the CPU block but I'm hoping that I can leave the rest of the hardware and just replace the coolant and thermal paste when I change the board and block etc.

What are people's recommendations for the best CPU block (preferably below £100), coolant and thermal paste to use these days?

Cheers :)

Asus Rampage II Extreme

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz

12GB Corsair Dominator RAM

EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC

4 x 512GB WD Black HDDs in RAID 10

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

ASUS PCE-AC68 Wifi card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users