Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Project Timeless Warriors

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Richi

Richi

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Project – Timeless Warriors

So It Begins.

Personal Intro
Hi all those of you that know me or dont, I have been modding PC's since the year 2000 give or take a few years, I have been inspired over my modding life from modders of past and even some modders of new, I was modding back in the day when we used caravan window rubbers to put case windows into a PC (i know ghetto but we done what we could back then with what we had) I am known across various forums as rchiileea, Richi and Richie123 as well as r1chieB on instagram. I also have the Lucky advantage of having a wife who is very talented and hand engraving images using only dots that create depth which far exceeds my flat images i used to engrave with the trusty old dremel.

So let me introduce you guys to my latest project build that will be crazy mad, inspired by the samurai and will be built into Lian Li DK05x Twin PC desk, (hence the timeless warriors name). This project is going to be a labour of love, not only will it feature a lot of engraving by my wife, there will be also a heavy theme on samurai inside as well as engraved on the outside.

image001.jpg

A very very huge thank you to Lian Li for supplying the desk for the project, was honoured to be offered it so thank you.

image001.png

Thank you to intel who stepped up again for me to provide CPU’s for this project

image002.jpg

As some of you know from previous mods gigabyte have supported me with motherboards on projects so again thanks to them for being involved and helping out.

image003.jpg

image001.jpg 

A big thanks to Toshiba for coming on board on this one too, with not only the OCZ m2 drives but some SSD’s too.

image004.jpg

A big thank you to TeamGroup as well for supplying the memory for both rigs.

image005.jpg

Of course two rigs are going to need two PSU’s so thank you to Seasonic for stepping up..

image001.jpg

I must say again I have to thank the sponsors BIG TIME on this build for coming on board as it basically means they are supplying double the amount, no pressure to deliver then.

First off here is the case in question.

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

Looks great, then when it arrived, well it is huge, here is packaging next to my 1 series.

image008.jpg
image009.jpg

Funnily enough the desk comes in two boxes, one for the feet and one for the desk itself.

image010.jpg

This was the lighter of the two boxes, the second box was not so light.

image011.jpg
image012.jpg

To assemble the case we have to lay the top section on top of the two boxes, then attach the feet.

image013.jpg

Once the feet are attached, it’s a case of plugging the power for the adjustable legs in and raising it above the boxes, then lifting it into place (which is not a one man job :P)

image014.jpg

For now that is the start of this build as I have to finalise the design for the engravings on the outside, once I have I will post an image of the plan to give you some idea of what is going to happen to this desk.

Posted Image

Richi

Richi

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
So another small update and in general, most are going to be quite small until engraving is done, actually got started and so it begins.

I will not review the full design yet, but here is a glimpse of what has been has bee planned

image002.jpg 

image003.jpg 
image004.jpg

I can not take credit for the engraving as its my wife that does this part, she asked to try and apply dotting as shading one day and let us just say the rest is history on that, I will add more photos as the engraving progresses of course.

Posted Image

Richi

Richi

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Another update for you guys, first showing you some stuff that turned up for the build.

First up the PSU’s, yes you did read that right as desk will be housing two rigs, it also need 2x PSU’s.

image002.jpg

Seasonic stepped up here and provided 2x 1000w prime Titanium PSU’s for the build, solid and reliable power. Ill add some more photos of items when opened.

Next up was the gift from intel and very lucky gift indeed, it had me made up.

image003.jpg

So both rigs will have almost identical processing power for this build, going to be a long ride I am thinking at the end with final pics and videos.

And last of course and not least, before we go of course a little update on the cherry blossom flower shown in previous post being finished.

image004.jpg

Only 5 of these left to go and onto the main imagery after that, but going on this alone it’s going to all look amazing when put together.

Until the next update guys

Posted Image

Richi

Richi

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Back again with another small update, as you know this dot shading engraving takes a while and you can clearly see that it is worth it in my opinion, the bottom of the engraving is coming out great.

image002.jpg

Wanted to share this before, but I thought I would wait until there is another image of more progress.

image003.jpg

I am completely blown away myself, just more amazing every day, this is going to be a superb art piece by the time its finished.

Lastly but not least, here is a sneak peak of a packaged that turned up from razer supporting this desk build, I have worked with them before and thought even with that asking for 2 of everything was a massive ask.

image004.jpg

They stepped up with two tournament v2 keyboards, 2x wireless Lanceheads, 2x Wireless manowar headsets, 2x mouse mats, 2x base station (head phone stand and usb hub with razer chroma in base). Last but not least I got sent 2x development lighting kits for the project, feeling blessed. I will post some pictures of the stuff properly and others as they turn up. Still doing some 3d work to finalise my block cover plans, SSD cover plans ect before I post them.

Posted Image

Richi

Richi

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
So been a while, but was waiting on some new tips from dremel, some more work has been done on the engraving and this is the result, finally flowers done and onto the smoke and then one of the samurai.

image001.jpg

Progress on from the flowers is starting to move along, more than ever

image002.jpg 

image003.jpg 
image004.jpg

More to follow soon, and its coming out amazing, also thought I would also spill the beans on the design (subject to change of course, but gives you a rough idea of what it will look like.

image005.jpg

Was going to leave it as a surprise, but I thought I would share what is going to happen on the image side of things.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users