Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

gtx 970 backplate is arching out

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Petr01can65

Petr01can65

• Members
  • 1 posts

hi i am new here i have been water cooling for 7 years now and had not come across this problem till last week.i have a evga gtx 970 acx 2.0 fitted with an ek water block in it own custom loop with a 480 rad(overkill yes i know),last week i bought a ek gtx backplate to fit my card,now then i have fitted it 5 times now and everytime i fit it its arching out on the backplate you can hear it.

i have tryed doubling up with thermal pads and it only took the nasty ass sound down by a tiny fraction,now 1 person said to me add a tiny bit of insulating tape on point of arching,ok i can sortta see that but has anybody else had this problem and if yes how can i fix it?

its the right water block and its the correct backplate,but as i say never come across this b4,i have tryed just about all i can think of including not useing as much pressure wen doing screws up but again makes no dofference.

has anybody got a fix for this please?please i am begging thanks Gary

i am sorry for the bad grammar and spelling,should have gone to school hahaha

kimandsally

kimandsally

• Members
  • 8 posts

Straight away take it off DO NOT use it again, your risking a good GPU for the sake of a backplate, contact EK and paste what you have put on here, if there is a problem you can ask the supplier for help or EK, don't mess around with it have the manufacturer make one that fits properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users