Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Project - Renew

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer

Eyefinity Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Hello!

Its been a long time since i frequented these forums, sorry about that. 

I have not touched my PC in a long time.. well i have but not in the way we all like, taking it apart and rebuilding it. 

Recently i have noticed a very small leak from the D5 pump top, seems the threads have cracked over time and now it needs replacing. Also some green fluff has decided to make the Res its home.

The system is loosing water and needs to be topped up, but i decided it was about time to renew the system and get a new case.

I decided on the new CORE P5 Wall mountable case, to go with it an Alphacool D5 Light tower res/pump top and a 480mm Alphacool MONSTA radiator.
I also decided to venture into the world of hard tubing, so some Alphacool Black 10/13 connectors and 2 packs of 10/13 90cm tube has been ordered. 

Over all this renewing phase has cost £400... It may seem a lot simply for water cooling renew and a case but its worth it. Especially when i checked my temps last night (first time in months) and it seems the blocks may be full of goo... 80C on CPU and 65C on the 290x's!

That's 40C higher than when i first built the rig on the CPU and 20C on the cards. 

So, Currently I am at the stage of waiting for WCUK to pack the goods and post them to me. Hopefully they arrive by Thursday otherwise i will be waiting till the 4th of April as I'm having the bits sent to work (no ones homes)... and the school shuts on Thursday for 2 weeks!

I will post an update to this thread when the bits arrive, and many many photo's will be made. 
I also plan to make a Sped up video of the build process. 

Thanks for reading. Catch you later! 

My Rig:
I7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz
16GB DDR3
Asus Maximus V MATX
2 x AMD 290X @ 1100/1300
XFX 1KW Platinum PSU
Parvum Custom made - Soon Core P5 Wall case
Cooling: 2 x ET45 Alphacool Copper, 2x 290x EK, 1x EK HF, D5, EK Tube, 10/13 White Tube.
Phillips 4k 40" Monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users