Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pump Advice

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hawke84

Hawke84

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi, 

I have a HAFX and a custom loop i setup years ago. I've always used res / pump combos because i dont really understand much about pumps etc but these keep on giving up so I was looking for something a little different.

I understand D5 pumps are good but i dont really know much about them, are there any combos with a res that will attach to it? im limited on space (ish) and would like to avoid lots of noise from the pump so avoid bay res / pump combos. 

From what i have read DCC pumps are kinda loud so ive ruled them out

do most D5 pumps have like a res that will fit on them? to make a combo? e.g can i make a d5 version of this:

http://www.watercool...-DDC_42168.html

some pointers or further reading advice would be great so i can get my pc up and running again :)

thanks

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

What about this one? CLICK HERE

Alternatively you could run a standard D5 top like THIS with a standard tubular reservoir. Quite a common setup.

I don't actually have any watercooled systems at the moment, but i used to run a DDC 10 watt pump and the noise wasn't too bad at all.

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,318 posts

Nice to see you around Aaron :)

Gilj

Gilj

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I run a DDC 12 and it's sitting on a soggy sandwich with a custom pump top, very quiet.

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Nice to see you around Aaron :)

Thanks Packer! I pop in every now and then to see if the tumbleweed has passed! :)

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users