Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

nova 1080 60mm new build query

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

pliers

pliers

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hi, I have a nova 1080 60mm wide radiator that was previously mounted externally in an upright position, I have decided to paint it and fit it laying flat in the roof of my next build, I had intended to fit it upright inside the case front but the supporting bars that hold up the motherboard tray are robbing a bit of room so making it impossible without drastic chopping up of my new case

my question is this, will it be ok to run like that, or will it have a negative effect on its performance in regard to how the coolant is likely to flow? as  the end tanks are quite shallow  and  am concerned this may constrain the flow to favour the pipes which are closes to the inlet and exit ports if run on its side, one last thing does anyone know how many 'passes' this radiator actually does?

thanks in advance for  any light shone on this for me  :)

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Shouldn't make too much of a difference how it is orientated. 

Just try and keep your loop as short as possible. 

No clue at all on passes or how this beast works, as it is essentially 3 360s bolted together....

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users