Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Would like some advice on my new build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Yianni89

Yianni89

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi,

My first time posting here. I've had a custom build for 8 years now running a Q9550 with fan cooler. it was built for me. I would rate myself as competant with the parts inside my computer and often research ways to improve it, however as of 4 years ago improving a 775 socket motherboard became very hard, especially to find high spec parts. 

So i decided its time for a new rig that im going to build (or at least attempt) my self.

Intel Core i7-5820K
Asus X99-DELUXE
NZXT Phantom 820 Black Case
G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB)Ripjaws 4 PC4-19200 / DDR4 2400 Mhz
or
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB Kit 2666Mhz CL16
Corsair CSM 750W Semi Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
Seagate 1TB Barracuda (possibly x2 or 1x 2TB)
Samsung SH-224DB 24X Internal DVD Writer with SATA

notice no cpu cooler.... this is where i am in 2 minds.

​bearing in mind im out laying a fair bit for the build i want to make sure the basics are done right and therefore liquid cooling always needs to be looked at especially since all the other components look and perform really well.

so my 2 options so far are as follows

fan option: Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan
AIO water cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Water cooler

full water cooler loop system thing (dont know a short way of saying this yet im sure one of you will enlighten me) i have been advised as its my first self build and water cooler to go for a kit and been swayed towards the:

EK Water Blocks Watercooling Set EK-KIT L240 OR L360

from what i have read the roof of the case should fit a 360 size rad with the fans under it and keep 2x 200mm fans above it in their designated spaces on top.

Question 1. will a 360 make more difference than a 240 if im looking to keep modifying it over the next few month/years.

Question 2. are these kits that i am looking at going to make a bigger difference to my CPU cooling and eventual GPU cooling than the CPU fans above or on my GPU.

Question 3. How difficult is it for a "beginner" to set up a kit like the L240 or L360.

Sorry for War and Peace and i appreciate any replies Thanks.

Gooders

Gooders

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Hi,

My first time posting here. I've had a custom build for 8 years now running a Q9550 with fan cooler. it was built for me. I would rate myself as competant with the parts inside my computer and often research ways to improve it, however as of 4 years ago improving a 775 socket motherboard became very hard, especially to find high spec parts. 

So i decided its time for a new rig that im going to build (or at least attempt) my self.

Intel Core i7-5820K
Asus X99-DELUXE
NZXT Phantom 820 Black Case
G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB)Ripjaws 4 PC4-19200 / DDR4 2400 Mhz
or
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB Kit 2666Mhz CL16
Corsair CSM 750W Semi Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
Seagate 1TB Barracuda (possibly x2 or 1x 2TB)
Samsung SH-224DB 24X Internal DVD Writer with SATA

notice no cpu cooler.... this is where i am in 2 minds.

​bearing in mind im out laying a fair bit for the build i want to make sure the basics are done right and therefore liquid cooling always needs to be looked at especially since all the other components look and perform really well.

so my 2 options so far are as follows

fan option: Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan
AIO water cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Water cooler

full water cooler loop system thing (dont know a short way of saying this yet im sure one of you will enlighten me) i have been advised as its my first self build and water cooler to go for a kit and been swayed towards the:

EK Water Blocks Watercooling Set EK-KIT L240 OR L360

from what i have read the roof of the case should fit a 360 size rad with the fans under it and keep 2x 200mm fans above it in their designated spaces on top.

Question 1. will a 360 make more difference than a 240 if im looking to keep modifying it over the next few month/years.

Question 2. are these kits that i am looking at going to make a bigger difference to my CPU cooling and eventual GPU cooling than the CPU fans above or on my GPU.

Question 3. How difficult is it for a "beginner" to set up a kit like the L240 or L360.

Sorry for War and Peace and i appreciate any replies Thanks.

Hey,

Will help where i can :)

1, bigger rad better cooling capacity :) my vote is if the rad bits get the bigger rad!

2, water cooling will always make a massive gain over air... even poorly fitted! fitted right it will be a massive improvement!

3, the kit will be no harder to fit then buying all the parts from the online store, your still doing it yourself :)

Ben

Keep It Cool-Water Cooled

http://www.brgdevelopments.co.uk

@brgdevelopments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users