First i'll admit i'm a bad community guy, i used the forum for advice and sharing my previous project back in 2010 and i've not contributed since that project was done (hangs head in shame).......although i have dropped by every now and then to keep an eye on the awesome rigs that have been developing.
So, as the topic title says, 'It might just be time for a new project!' since my last build was back in 2010, you can read more here :
I've decided i'm going to go water cooled again, I just enjoyed building that set up last time so much and i feel i can build something a little better this time. Don't get me wrong i liked my previous rig, but felt it could have been finished better and it looked a little clumsy if that makes sense.
So the shopping list so far exists of the following :
- Case - Corsair 900D Obsidian Super Tower Black
- PSU - Corsair RM Series 1000W
- Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1 Socket 1150
- CPU - Intel Core i7 4790k 4.4GHz Haswell 'Devils Canyon'
- GPU - Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
- Memory - Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Dominator Platinum PC3-128000 (1600)
- SSD - Corsair 240GB Force Series GS 2.5" SSD SATA-III Read 555MB/s Write 525MB/s
- HDD - Western Digital 2TB Red Pro WD2001FFSX SATA 6GB/sec 64MB Cache
- Optical - LG CH12NS30 Internal Blu-Ray SATA 12x BD-R 16x DVD+-R Write
No list of water cooling just yet as i haven't worked out radiators, fans, pumps or reservoir at the moment. Although that Corsair 900D looks huge so whatever i come up with i'm sure i'll be fine, that thing looks bigger then the TJ07 i had before!
Of course guys, please pull this plan apart and tell me where i could be going wrong. This list has not been ordered yet and i'm open to suggestions for change etc.
One thing i had considered, was to go SLI instead of a single GPU.....not sure why i'm considering this as i don't plan to run 4K monitors or anything, although i have toyed with the idea of a triple display. Also, i'm not sure 1000W PSU is right, if i go single GPU have i gone over the top?