Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

3D Printer Cooling

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

JoeSoap

JoeSoap

• Members
  • 1 posts

I have a 3D printer with dual extruders. The heater bar above the hot ends is not carrying away the heat well enough. It's the regular design with 2x 40mm fans sitting in front of 2x 40mm grills, and the grills sit against the heater bar.

what I am looking to do is improve the heat conduction. Water cooling seems a bit OTT, however I think I can do something with the fan arrangement.

Looking to buy a thermal pad to sit between the heatsink and heater bar. Am I right in thinking that a pad avertised as 7W/mk is better than one advertised as 3.2W/hk?

Other ideas would be welcome - cooling is not a speciality subject for me.

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

Hi Joe,

Correct, the higher than W/mK the better the heat transfer, also don't forget that the pads when compressed are roughly 50% there original thickness so take that into account if you need to fill a specific gap with the pad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users