Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2nd Radiator advice

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

robmac65

robmac65

• Members
  • 1 posts

HI 1st time post here, i have this atm

20140624_155008_Poplars_Ave_Richtone_HDR
image hosting over 5mb

I want to add a 120mm rad on the rear.

I'm running BOINC a few days a week and i am hitting 64c and 65c on the gpu under full load and i want to drop the temp further, will adding a 2nd rad do the job and where should i put it?

I was thinking of going from the Cpu block to the 2nd rad and then to the gpu so it removes the cpu's heat before going to the gpu, it goes then to the pump and then the 240mm rad at the top.

Will it do the job and will at putting the 2nd rad on the rear exhaust port work?

Thanks.

EDIT : i am fitting an xspc dual bay res and pump tomorrow as it has a stronger pump.

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

Hey Welcome :)

This depends more on the ambient room temperature, because if this is high then adding a second radiator won't be able to help you further.

That said, for a 1x CPU and 1x VGA loop we would always recommend a 360mm Radiator as a minimum really, so adding the 120mm at the back would take it to this surface area.

Check your ambient though mate, if the room is too warm, cool the room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users