Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tj07 Questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

V3teran

V3teran

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hi there

Have a couple of questions regarding the TJ07.

Does the TJ07 come with a modded roof for a triple radiator uptop.

Also can a RX360 fit up the top, i understand that this radiator is quite thick?

Cheers

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

Hi V3teran,

The TJ07 from the factory doesn't come capable of mounting a radiator in the roof of the case.. There is plenty of space for it and if you want to do some modification its possible as we used to do this ourselves here.

What most people do is make use of the bottom PSU section, with a Radiator stand and mount the 360 Rad down below if they don't want to mod the top of the case:

http://www.watercool...-Black_984.html

V3teran

V3teran

• Members
  • 6 posts

I wanted to have a triple in top and triple in bottom, i understand that you can get a dual uptop without modding?

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

Even with a 240 you still need to mess around with the top Mesh panel, if you have the case already you can take a look but the Mesh is only held in with a few small mesh tabs not really enough to support the weight of a 240 rad.

Pulse Modding offer a 360 Mesh mounting service, you might be best to contact them if you don't want to modify the case yourself:

https://www.facebook.com/PulseModding

I believe it's somewhere in the region of £70.00

V3teran

V3teran

• Members
  • 6 posts

Thanks for that advice, very helpful.

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
I'm just in the process of movinh my current rig into a TJ07.
I've made my own mesh panel for the roof to mount a 240mm rad and will have a 480 & a 240 in the bottom.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

ian.jpg

blackdevilmt

blackdevilmt

• Members
  • 8 posts

The RX is pretty much thick, don't consider getting the Alphacool Nexxxos monsta, that thing is huge. I own an alphacool monsta and an xspc ax 360. Personally I would tell you to go for the ax 360. Regarding the tj07 is still rocking hard but do you own that case or are you considering getting it? If so get another case, don't get me wrong it is one hell of a case but it requires some modding. If I only had the money I would get a little devil lol but I own a 900D still need more hard work as I am thinking that next summer I would do a mirror finish +acrylic paint .

Don't forget that for optimum cooling  rads bigger than ~ 35mm I would like to do a push pull config so thats 25x2mm already.

V3teran

V3teran

• Members
  • 6 posts

Ive had a Caselabs M8 with full pedestal and extended top, had one in 2011 before Caselabs even had a website when they were operating out of Overclock.net. I got rid of it cause it was too big. Ive also now got a 900D, again too big, im currently using my old antec 1200 with radbox because it fits nicely under my desk. This is why i like the TJ07 because its inbetween and Antec 1200 and 900D size wise, it seems perfect for me.

I was originally going to use just 3 fans in pull, how much extra in temps decrease  will i get with and 3 fans on the rad?

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users