Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Compatibility Warning - Nanoxia Deep Silence 5

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

I would like to offer the following Compatibility Warning for the Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 case and a water cooling setup with a top radiator.

The depth available for the top radiator plus fan is restricted to 55mm and will impinge on motherboards that have the 8-pin or 4-pin AUX Power Connectors on the top edge. The clearances are NOT listed on the Nanoxia site or the DS5 manual.

Example1 ... NexXxos ST30 280mm radiator with two 140x140x25 fans will reach PAST the top edge of an ATX motherboard. 

The offset between the bottom of the radiator and the ATX motherboard standoffs is around 10mm so any motherboard that has nothing tall on its top edge (such as AUX power blocks) MAY fit but in the case of the ASUS Maximus VI Formula it WILL NOT FIT. The rear-most fan will foul the ASUS ROG shield and even if it is removed, it will still block both AUX power connectors.

Example 2... NexXxos ST30 240mm radiator with two 120x120x25 fans will also reach past the top of the ATX motherboard but there will be a larger offset  of 20mmbetween the bottom of the radiator and the ATX motherboard standoffs due to the fact that the mounting holes for the 120mm deep radiator are centralised on the top of the case. You MAY find that top-edge cluttered motherboards will still fit because of the increased offset.

An expensive mistake for me I am afraid as I had already purchased the 280mm rads, case and motherboard. The case will be going back (at my expense, sadly) and I will be trading up to the Deep Silence 6.

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts

I know this is to late for you now, but anyone else with restricted space may want to consider the Black Ice GT Stealth  series of rads with Yate Loon Slim fans which have a combined depth of 49mm.

I've used one of these rads and they provide surprisingly good cooling for something that slim. I've not used the slim fans, but they won't have the air pushing power of a 25mm fan so would probably need to be run without a fan controller to keep air moving through a radiator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users