Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

10th Year Site / Forum changes + We need your help!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

Hey all..

Just wanted to put a post on here to let you know that soon we'll be making the move over to our new website, and in turn the forums will also be re-designed around that to keep them looking the same / similar and maybe to push some cross promotion who knows :)

Amongst other things, one of the main reasons we're moving to the new design is to grow the brand up a little from what people have known over the past 10 years, and also the fact that it's been 10 years since we launched WatercoolingUK, we thought it would be great to change things up a little.

The new site is a very clean looking, feature enhanced model - It takes alot of inspiration from some of the bigger sites out their right now and also enables us to move onto the next level and support the growth we have in store for the next comming years.

Due to the above changes, we'll have some down time on the forums, hopefully not too much but i just wanted to let you know.

We are also looking for the following people to help us out:

Forum Administrator & Social Presence.

Forum Administrator with existing knowledge of forum administration, so knowing IPBoard software is a ideal but if you've used VB or PHPBB extensively I dare say you can pick IPBoard up easily. You also need to have a keen eye on Social Media and postings, and be able to post on behalf of the company about new products and promote sales / giveaways. This role has a negotiated pay attached to it and you will become part of the WCUK Front line team.

Customer Service advisor.

We have an opening for a full or part time customer service advisor, who's role would be to stand on the front line of our business along side a small team helping customers, promoting the business and dealing with return for all brands, along with a great ability to solve problems and resolve them so that customers are satisfied. You will be self motivated and work directly with a small team of other advisors here in Manchester or we could be flexible to the right person and allow remote working from your home location. Salary depending on experience and conforms with national minimum wage.

Forum Moderators

Forum moderators with existing knowledge of the roll to help keep posts in line and fight those pesky bots! This role is none paid but comes with a fixed Moderator discount on any of our stores.

Facebook / Twitter Moderators

We'll be putting 1 Facebook and Twitter moderator into action to help deal with any enquiries or questions which come through from Social Media, and also to work with the Forum Administrator with new product posts, sales and giveaways. This role is none paid but comes with a fixed Moderator discount on any of our stores.

To apply for any of the above posts, please drop an email over to jobs@wcukonline.co.uk making the subject the job you're interested in and if it's a paid role, you’re CV.

Happy New year everyone :sos:

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts

Looking good mate, 

Up-up the ziggurat, Lickety split :)

mark.jpg

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

I'll post a preview of the new site and forums here in due time when it's a bit more progressed :)

Sperls

Sperls

WCUK Staff

• Moderators
  • 108 posts

I have seen a sneeky peek and it is looking very slick :)

Lynn

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts

Nice, Can't wait to see it. :) 

mark.jpg

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts

Looking forward to seeing the new site.

I hope this gets the forum going again to the lively place it used to be.

ian.jpg

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts

Me too. I pop on now and again but there's never anything happening.

I guess that's why Rob's hiring someone to fix that :)

mark.jpg

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts

Evening all! :)

1) Forum topics need condensing down

It's not as busy as it used to be so things don't need pigeon-holing quite as much.

It'll also help to lose the "last post June 2012" that you see on some of them at the moment.

2) Get an active stream of New Product posts with plenty of pictures and link-backs to the shop.

It may also help you with you google rankings on specific products if you've got active chatter in the threds?

I'll have a click around and get my thinking cap on over the weekend.

marcus.jpg

Chewitt

Chewitt

• Members
  • 1 posts

Good to see the refresh going on Rob, i would offer my help but with all the work we have on at Platform Expos at the moment i could not guarantee you the level of service you need,  i wish you all the best though i will also get my Gipsy Danger build log up on here as well as it is coming on very nicely just working on remaining parts and the new perspex window so that you can see those lovely Cable Modders cables :)

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

Evening all! :)

1) Forum topics need condensing down

It's not as busy as it used to be so things don't need pigeon-holing quite as much.

It'll also help to lose the "last post June 2012" that you see on some of them at the moment.

2) Get an active stream of New Product posts with plenty of pictures and link-backs to the shop.

It may also help you with you google rankings on specific products if you've got active chatter in the threds?

I'll have a click around and get my thinking cap on over the weekend.

Sounds like you want the job son..

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,077 posts

Great idea, forums have been pretty stagnant for last 18 months with barely anything happening so its about time!

Happy to help with whatever needs doing - I'm still around..

My Blog => http://adriank.org

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,319 posts

Nice to see you Adrian :)

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts

Oooh, Spoon's back too :) How's you Adrian?

mark.jpg

Rob*

Rob*

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 6,131 posts

Great idea, forums have been pretty stagnant for last 18 months with barely anything happening so its about time!

Happy to help with whatever needs doing - I'm still around..

Hey bud,

Nice to see some of the old faces knocking around still.. Hopefully we can bring this forum back to live over the next few months.. won't happen over night but hopefully with what's planned it will help

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

Nice to see you Adrian  :)

Good to see you around too Carol ;)

Oooh, Spoon's back too  :) How's you Adrian?

I'm good Mark, thank you. Work has officially taken over my life now but still have time to spare on forums etc. (typing this from work.. :P)

Got myself PS3 again as I had to sell previous one when my son was born (perks of having a new baby lol) so back on COD: MW3.

PC wise I haven't done much tbh, still running my trusty i7 920 rig I built years ago...

Hey bud,

Nice to see some of the old faces knocking around still.. Hopefully we can bring this forum back to live over the next few months.. won't happen over night but hopefully with what's planned it will help

Hey Rob, yeah I'm still here - haven't actually left since I joined in 2007 but forums have been pretty dead so been spending more time on hexus//avf etc. but always visiting WCuk.

I'm really looking forward to turn this "dead zone" around! Hopefully we can bring some of the life the forums had back in the day.

My Blog => http://adriank.org

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts
Be nice to see the new website design to celebrate a great milestone. I'm sorry I've not been around much to post as my work life is very hectic.

Hope everyone is all okay?

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts

Hey stranger. Good to see you back :)

mark.jpg

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,319 posts

Hi Aaron, How you doing these days :)

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts

Ah ha, did my Facebook invite work then Aaron? 8-o)

I'm looking at condensing the forum catagories so if anyone has any suggestions please fire away.

marcus.jpg

Bentleya

Bentleya

Bentleya

• Members
  • 3,791 posts
Thanks Mark :)

Hi Carol. I'm good thanks, how about you? I've been pretty busy with work and all my free time is either playing with my cars or sorting my website out.

Maybe Marcus :). I visit often, but without being signed in. It's been really quiet on here!
I'm not up to date with anything PC related and verything seems to ofmoved on along way recently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users