Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New to WC. Need to know what parts i need

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Xmoneybunny

Xmoneybunny

• Members
  • 1 posts

Right I know what everything is called but what I need is a different story. I would like to water cool my CPU and GPU pretty much and I would like it to look cool so maybe coloured water but I don't know how much it  will cost me.

So if possible could I get a quick quote from someone with a list of parts that will be compatible with my system, try to keep cost low but I want it to be a balance between cost and performance.

System spec:

Intel i5 3470 LGA1155

Zotac GTX 680 4GB

and the rest is irrelevant I believe. Also I will be getting a new case that I can water cool more efficiently so and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Also I game lots so that's why I want to water cool both CPU and GPU but I also edit videos for my YouTube channel which is Xmoneybunny so my CPU can get a little on the hot side. This is my first WC system and I would like it to be safe, I herd compression fittings are not very reliable so probs normal fittings and a metal clamp for added reliability. In addition to this would it be better to run 2 loops, one for CPU and one for GPU or is that not worth it.

Anyways I hope you can help and it would be great of you guys to respond to this post

All the best Xmoneybunny

CaptainQwerty

CaptainQwerty

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

What is your budget for the case as that will change some of the parts which we can suggest for Watercooling.

Also I have always used Compression fittings and never had an issue at all and never once had a leak and I much prefer them over barbs - but other will say that about barbs to an extent it is up to you which you want.

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,318 posts

Oh dear this post must have got missed as it was dated October,

I do hope Xmoneybunny was sorted with his questions,

CaptainQwerty

CaptainQwerty

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Woops extremely sorry for digging up old stuff, It was only a few posts from the top I assumed it was recent. My bad.

blackdevilmt

blackdevilmt

• Members
  • 8 posts

It would be nice setting a new topic with stuff needed for people who are going to do their watercooling set up. I mean such as rotary fittings and most of all giving them tricks of the trade. Also suggesting them to get an extra fitting wouldn't hurt , I remember doing an ugly bend and I had to cut the tubing and I cursed so much at the tubing thinking that it would fall off by itself  as I tightened it a lot , I later on  solved it by immersing it into hot distilled water to shrink the tubing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users