Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My new/first watercooled rig

- - - - - watercooling gaming watercooled computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SebbieHE

SebbieHE

• Members
  • 2 posts

Attached File  IMG-20131018-WA000.jpg   54.08KB   43 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131018-WA001.jpg   54.22KB   55 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131018-WA002.jpg   48.66KB   53 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131018-WA003.jpg   75.94KB   48 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131018-WA004.jpg   77.18KB   45 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131018-WA006.jpg   40.92KB   33 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131018-WA007.jpg   48.41KB   24 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131018-WA008.jpg   57.96KB   16 downloads

Hello guys. So, that is my watercooled gaming pc. I overclocked my AMD Phenom II 4 Core from 3.4ghz to 4.0ghz. With air cooling on when it was overclocked to 3.6 on full load after about 1 minute it would be at 70 degrees celsius. Now with watercooling at 4.0ghz I've ran it on full load for 15 minutes and it hasn't exceeded 45 degrees celsius. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

I just have a few questions to ask. On one of the pictures you see that there is condensation in the reservoir, is this normal? Or have I done something wrong?
Second question, my graphics card is the AMD Radeon HD 6670 1gb, I've looked all over the internet for a waterblock for it and cant find one. Does anyone recommend a card that can be watercooled that is the same performance?

Let me know what you think of my PC.   

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts

Hi,

Welcome to the forum :D

Nice job on the water cooling, I like the choice of case, there looks to be plenty of room in it for a good water cooling loop.

Glad to see you're reaping the benefits temps wise :)

The condensation in the reservoir is normal because the water in it is pretty warm. I generally fill my reservoir to the brim which would avoid this and also helps reducing the chance of algae growing.

I don't think you'll find a water block specifically for your graphics card as they are generally only made for the highest end graphics cards.

For gpu cooling your best bet is a universal GPU only water block with a few heatsinks for the vrms ans ram if needed.

If you want to change your card to one that a full cover block can be fitted to, you'll probably have to try and get hold of an old model high end card like the HD 5850 or HD 4850.

ian.jpg

SebbieHE

SebbieHE

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hi,

Welcome to the forum :D

Nice job on the water cooling, I like the choice of case, there looks to be plenty of room in it for a good water cooling loop.

Glad to see you're reaping the benefits temps wise :)

The condensation in the reservoir is normal because the water in it is pretty warm. I generally fill my reservoir to the brim which would avoid this and also helps reducing the chance of algae growing.

I don't think you'll find a water block specifically for your graphics card as they are generally only made for the highest end graphics cards.

For gpu cooling your best bet is a universal GPU only water block with a few heatsinks for the vrms ans ram if needed.

If you want to change your card to one that a full cover block can be fitted to, you'll probably have to try and get hold of an old model high end card like the HD 5850 or HD 4850.

Thank you very much! I'll fill it to the top now then. Also, thank you for the help with the graphics card. When I next get paid I'll try and find one of the 5850s.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
Yep nice job, for 1st watercooled rig.
You got plenty of room at the bottom to fit a single rad to expand your loop when you decide to get your new card. ;-)

Andy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: watercooling, gaming, watercooled, computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users