Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

first watercooled

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

OrlithNightfire

OrlithNightfire

• Members
  • 3 posts
hi guys

Deciding to go into my first watercooled sytem after the insanely hot weather in the UK. Wanting to buy the bitfenix case on this site (the 300 something black and red one. Would link it but phone keeps deleting the post every time I try to get it)

Question is this. I want to get this graphics card(look below for link). Is it east to install in the system? Watercooled wise that is. Would you guys pop the extra pipe in (i am assuming it is better to get it sent dry?)

http://www.overclock...rodid=WC-013-TL

Kind regards
Orlith

OrlithNightfire

OrlithNightfire

• Members
  • 3 posts
http://www.watercool...-RED_38536.html

That's the case

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts

Hi,

welcome to the forum :D

Adding your chosen card to the water cooling is straight forward. When ordering the case you will need to order a bit more hose and 2 hose fittings for the graphics water block.

I assume that if you discuss this with the shop they will build the loop to include a graphics card so all you have to do is attach the fittings to the card then attach the 2 loose hose ends,

Once that's done you just need to fill the loop with coolant. This normally takes about 15 - 20 minutes to get all the air out.

When filling the loop with coolant, make sure that all the power connectors to the motherboard and graphics card are disconnected. When the reservoir is full as possible, start the pump and keep topping up the reservoir as the level goes down. Whatever you do, don't let the pump run dry as it will burn out very quickly. 

After a short while the coolant level will be static. Put the plug in the res and with the pump running gently tilt the case about 30° to one side for a few seconds, then back upright the tip the other way. You should hear and see air bubbles running through the loop as the trapped air pockets are dislodged. If the radiator is in the roof of the case then also try lifting the front and the rear of the case as well. After going through this routine for 10 to 15 minutes all the air should be out and the reservoir can be filled to the brim and sealed.

What most of us do ia let it run for a couple of hours, with no power to the components, to check for leaks. Best way is to wrap a bit of tissue round each connector so any little dribble will be easy to spot. If there;s nothing after a couple of hours then you're good to go!

Hope that helps.

Ian.

ian.jpg

OrlithNightfire

OrlithNightfire

• Members
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the welcome Ian. :-D

I am getting me local comp store to actually build the system as I know I would mess it up. But seen as they only done one liquid cooled before...wanted to get as much info as I could heh. Thanks for helping me out :-)

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
Well it looks like your short post reply, did the trick Ian lol.
Hope they do a good job for ya. ;-)

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users