Jump to content

Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

socket pins bent

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1
Mathewlisett

Mathewlisett

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

anybody good at restoring the position of pins.

 

im talking several rows of socket 775 pins.


Originally Posted by Elemental_Dragon View Post
LEARN TO READ AND HAVE PATIENCE BOY!

~Bex

#2
IanF

IanF

    Level 10

  • Moderators
  • 2,896 posts

I've had to fix a bent LGA pin on a couple of motherboards. It worked once but not the second time.

 

I'd say that you have no chance if it's involving several rows as each pin has to be positioned within fractions of a millimeter for the CPU to work. If  one of the power pins is misplaced it can fry the processor!

 

Best bet is to try to hunt down a replacement on eBay or suchlike.

 

Ian.


ian.jpg


#3
Mathewlisett

Mathewlisett

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

as in replacement socket? as ive seen you can get them but i dont have the skills to do the job.


Originally Posted by Elemental_Dragon View Post
LEARN TO READ AND HAVE PATIENCE BOY!

~Bex

#4
andybones12

andybones12

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Just buy a new mobo,775 sockets are peanuts now :roll:

 

andy



#5
Mathewlisett

Mathewlisett

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

well this was from a board id just spent £70 on. the seller was a cocky "expert" where the picture showed a clean board (now know it was a stock pic) when delivered it was covered in dust  and didnt state the pins were damaged.

 

but ive now sent it back for a refund


Originally Posted by Elemental_Dragon View Post
LEARN TO READ AND HAVE PATIENCE BOY!

~Bex

#6
andybones12

andybones12

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

That's not nice,selling something broken.the cheeky git.

Hope you get your money back ;)

 

andy



#7
Mathewlisett

Mathewlisett

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

seriously, ill post the pictures of how i got it ie the condition of the board before i cleaned it.

 

i should have know it wasn't going t go well considering how his attitude with me was via ebay. actually here it is 

 

"Dear buyandsellforever,


I sent it special delivery so it should be there today or tomorrow. I cant see what you have to complain about considering you paid me 48 hours late. I shouldnt have even paid for special delivery when the postage i charged was less than it cost me yet you still complain. I'm sure you paid dabs and scan immediately. I won't respond to you if you continue being this rude. Regards.



- nk_aber"
 
my reply to him
 
"Dear nk_aber,

Hey fella, just like real life i wont accept snippy comments like yours. I didn't pay you late at all, your own description stats "ASAP" and it was paid just 42 hrs after auction ended.don't try play that game with me.

Now the only reason i have asked about this is because the other sellers parts are estimated for friday or saturday, yet yous was estimated for early next week. it was a general question. so stop with the snippy remarks, grow a pair. and you really think what i said was rude, please you should check what you just sent to me, thats got 100% more bad attitude than what mine had.

and it doesn't matter if i paid another company or seller immediately, it matters when the product was sent after payment and when it arrives. hence why i have questioned why the estimation was as it is. you also try to have a go at me for you paying more for postage, sorry mate but thats your move not my request or even a service you mentioned. trust me if it was a service you had offered i would likely have gone for it. so again don't try come to me with these bitchy remarks because they don't work with me.

In fact since you have stated you have sent it special delivery, Can you please hand over the tracking code. as i would appreciate that.



- buyandsellforever"

Originally Posted by Elemental_Dragon View Post
LEARN TO READ AND HAVE PATIENCE BOY!

~Bex

#8
vitesse

vitesse

    Level 3

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I would have reported him to Ebay mate, his attitude stinks and I dont think it should be tolerated



#9
Mathewlisett

Mathewlisett

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

so i was correct in how i responded?


Originally Posted by Elemental_Dragon View Post
LEARN TO READ AND HAVE PATIENCE BOY!

~Bex

#10
vitesse

vitesse

    Level 3

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Not sure, to be honest mate the best bet it is always if they start being bitchy just dont retaliate to it, instead just state the facts that way if you end up reporting the seller to ebay they are more likely to find the case in your favour. Had this happen a few times with good shown as dispatched but never arriving however not had to deal with that many obnoxious sellers yet :)



#11
andybones12

andybones12

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Trying to sell some stuff on Ebay now,so will keep an eye out on the bidders. :|

I thought ebay checks peoples messages,so they know what the cheeky git is saying to you.

I think you made your point to him. [-Y

I noticed your putting a claim in for small claims,hope you can get money back from this twat.;)

 

Andy



#12
Mathewlisett

Mathewlisett

    Level 10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

after it "finished" i find out that ebay dont give a crap about buyers, and theres a section of ebay buyer protection that contradicts DSR 

 

even when i showed ebay thi http://twitpic.com/d62owu

 they still wont help me regain my refund of the return postage.

 

the small claims was if he was going to be difficult with payment and if he claimed the board was fine.

 

he did claim the board was fine , stating he board wasn't faulty, pins were bent, board wasn't dusty but in the same breath said to be happy he would refund original price.


Originally Posted by Elemental_Dragon View Post
LEARN TO READ AND HAVE PATIENCE BOY!

~Bex




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users