Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Last of the Folders!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Oh well,

looks like the Folding Team has finally died a death as I'm the only one left :cry:.

Think I'll keep it going until I top the leader board then that'll do me as I've been at it since 2005.

It was good while it lasted.

Ian.

ian.jpg

vitesse

vitesse

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I did it quite a few years back, but it seemed to pretty much start dying a death everywhere didnt it?

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Most of the enthusiastic folders migrated to the bigger teams and I think the ever rising cost of electricity has done for most part time Folders like myself.

At one stage I did have a 24/7 Folding rig with a Q6600 @ 4GHz a GTS8800 and 8800GT but had to stop it after some horrendous electricity bills.

Just been doing a couple of WUs a week on a GTX570.

ian.jpg

vitesse

vitesse

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I know what you mean mate, cost of living has drastically increased in the last 4-5 years I dread to think what it'd cost having a folding rig running 24/7. As it stands now I've actually been better off having 3 weeks holiday from work by saving about £15 a day in petrol. If it keeps going I'm gonna have to consider quitting my job to save from the commute and go back to the engineering industry hopefully somewhere local

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,077 posts
I might consider getting back to folding but it will most definitely be from work! Cannot afford the leccy bill at home.

Ian, what would I need to get started? Been out of action for years now...

My Blog => http://adriank.org

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
If you are using Windows then everything comes in one control panel that'll run multiple cpu and gpu cliens.

If you use Linux then I'm not sure as I've never really used it successfully.

ian.jpg

Gooders

Gooders

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Digging up an old thread here :) anyone wanting to come back? Can not keep this 181kPPD up on my own...

Keep It Cool-Water Cooled

http://www.brgdevelopments.co.uk

@brgdevelopments

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users