Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Project Arclight

- - - - - Actylic Servos Azza Ratx Dual loop fully enclosed

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
Wow! Finished piece is a work if art
Posted Image

tobyak

tobyak

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

i am very happy to say it is even better in person. sadly it wil not be staying clear, only the middle will, the rest is goign black and the top of the triangle centre is getting an aluminium milled cover, then backlight blue. i am hoping that the effect of the blue shining through the inside walls of the centre will have a great look in contrast to the black and aluminium (all metal in this build is staying smooth sanded RAW matt finish)

vitesse

vitesse

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

That looks increadible mate, seriously envious of your CAD and CNC skills, I gotta get me one of those mills :)

tobyak

tobyak

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

That looks increadible mate, seriously envious of your CAD and CNC skills, I gotta get me one of those mills :)

Up untill recently i was very much in the "CnC is not modding" camp, believing that you just throw out a design and press GO, wow was i wrong lol, they are temperamental little buggers, and interestingly a modding project in there own right

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

now thats impressive milling.would ove to try something like that.It looks so much fun.

Great work,keep it up ;)

Andy

tobyak

tobyak

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

just a quick message to my followers

I have been rather ill this week and completely unable to even look at a power tool let alone operate it safely, i am now recovering and will be back to my insane self in a few short days

vitesse

vitesse

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Not good mate, but good news you are on the mend, get well soon :)

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,319 posts

I hope your feeling better soon, i have enjoyed reading your thread :)

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

on the mend is good for the followers.

Chin up buddy ;)

Andy 

tobyak

tobyak

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
BEHOLD AN UPDATE.... yes, yes, I know, took my sweet time. HEY!! you try modding and having 6 kids

So where were we, Time for the Arclight front lower bezel, the AZZA9000 has a split front bezel due to the front mounted PSU, After several weeks of anguish I finally found an intake design that fits the theme, twin Horizontal slots it is!!!

TO THE CAD SOFTWAREEEEEEEE!!!!

Not the most complicated design by a long way, but the look im going for is very stark
cncscreengrills_zpsbd861f4b.jpg

Once the dimentions are worked out for the raw material its on to cutting out some 1.3mm alu sheet, time for the new toy
IMG_5353_zps8fce04a0.jpg
AND YES I DO HUM THE JAWS THEME WHEN CUTTING

I had been debating for a while on buying these but for under £20 worth a shot
IMG_5354_zps9e82f5b1.jpg
IMG_5356_zpsbc69a8ed.jpg

I am actually quite impressed how easy they are to cut wit and how accurate you can cut... as an added bonus the bi-product seems to be "traditional" jewelry.....
IMG_5357_zpsbecce52a.jpg
IMG_5358_zpsb3384c30.jpg

IT has been a while since i fired up the mill so after a lot of maintenance (read playing with WD40)we were back in action
IMG_5359_zps8e5d5500.jpg
IMG_5360_zps0d64ce89.jpg
IMG_5361_zps1907abdd.jpg
IMG_5362_zpsc1c0b29b.jpg
IMG_5364_zpsc51d7258.jpg

..... And yes, i do love taking pics of the mill running
IMG_5366_zps0a8b44d7.jpg

All done, the opposite side has been shelled out at the ends a little to make bending easier for fitting
IMG_5367_zpsc0b55fba.jpg

Bring on the rough sanding and surface finishing
IMG_5368_zpsc4acc4ae.jpg
IMG_5368_zpsc4acc4ae.jpg
IMG_5370_zps7c3c6ff3.jpg

Damn did i really let it get this dusty
IMG_5371_zpsacb601d9.jpg

10mins of rotary tool and some cussing at a piece of plastic in the eye (keep those glasses on kids!!!!)
IMG_5374_zps5d347a57.jpg

15mins of hammering, inc getting told off my my wife for using the metal legs of the kitchen units as a former to hammer on......
IMG_5375_zps6acf23bd.jpg

Shaping was a lot easier then i expected (i have no metal forming tools bar a very large rubber mallet), mostly thanks to the shelling i did to the ends on the mill
IMG_5377_zpsd1d68083.jpg
IMG_5383_zps5e611613.jpg

one final test fit
IMG_5381_zps4d01fd92.jpg

Heres a little context as to where on the front this piece goes.... yeah its massive
IMG_5386_zpsa14e7731.jpg

LATER.........

Once again Tauntauns are roaming Hell and ye another day has been spent modding, just a short update this time (someone who shall not be named forgot to take pictures)

picture several hours of cutting and filing......... Did you enjoy that?..... GOOD!!

And suddenly the insanity and clashing panel scheme makes sence
IMG_5388_zps0c0c8f0b.jpg
IMG_5390_zps1c9f4f67.jpg
(IT AINT MODDING UNLESS YOU HAVE BARE FEET IN SHOT)

test illumination on the Arclight intake, whilst it was milled as all one piece i masked out the center and sprayed the rest matt black. The effect is a little too bright with the Vegas fan, i may spray the blades black and just use the ambient light from the ring of LEDs to illuminate the center
IMG_5391_zps6305b02b.jpg
IMG_5392_zpsc3dd7c70.jpg
IMG_5393_zpsb69a8c22.jpg

What do you think? leave as is or get rid of the reflection from the fan blades?

Stay tuned for more Arclight coming soon (I PROMISE) and a new side long project on commission to be called 'SMITE'. Watch this space

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,319 posts

6 kids !!! wow didnt you do well , and there,s me thinking Rob did well with 3   :)

tobyak

tobyak

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

6 kids !!! wow didnt you do well , and there,s me thinking Rob did well with 3   :)

We didn't have a TV in the bedroom.... what else is a couple supposed to do lol

Gilj

Gilj

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

How cool is that build!! (get it? :P)

LoudonM

LoudonM

WCUK Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,344 posts

Holy crap dude! This build is freaking awesome! NEEDS MOAR!!! :)

mark.jpg

tobyak

tobyak

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I decided that i don't like the watercooling loop I initialy built in, A small windfall on the back of my commissioned build i am designing will allow me to upgrade my mill for some decidedly insane designs.... a to do list woudl be a good idea too, as i have complete lost my place int e build after 7 months off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users