Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

MSI 580 GTX Twin Frozrll/OC full cover block

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Techdave

Techdave

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to water cool my MSI 580 GTX Twin Frozrll/OC graphics card with a full cover block.
Had an EK block on order from ocuk then got email to say warehouse stock incorrect & no more available.
Ordered again through scan who were getting one direct from EK & email today saying order delayed due to limited stock.
While searching online for inspiration or something, came across WCUK & there are a couple of different coolers shown both from EK but not sure if there campatible.
I have emailed MSI to find out if this a reference design card but there giving me the run around & telling me that changes to card are not recommeded over & over again.
Sorry for my boring sob story but i'm kinda desperate now, i have all the other components ready for the wc build & really need some help with getting this full cover block.

Can anyone tell me if this is a reference card?

Can anyone tell me if the full cover coolers listed on WCUK site are campatible with this card?

Thanks

Dave

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Hi,

welcome to the forum :D

According to the compatibility list the EK-FC580 GTX+ will fit your graphics card.

hth,

Ian

ian.jpg

Techdave

Techdave

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Wish i'd found this site sooner but been using the for mentioned sites for years & stuck with what i new.

After talking with Scan today finally got told that my order for EK-FC580 GTX+ - Acetal+EN (Nickel) [3831109855959] was going through & would be here by Wednesday next week so decided to just wait & leave the order in place.

I did look at that one & would of gone with it if the one from Scan could not be delivered , but i read that plexi coolers can crack or leak over time.

I also looked at the Koolance VID-NX580 which i believe would of also fitted my card but all my other WC components are EK & wanted to keep everything the same, also the Koolance cooler is pricey at over £100.

Thanks again for your help & when i make any changes/upgrades to WC system will definitely be coming to WCUK for my parts.

Dave

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Glad you got it sorted, post some pics when it's all in and running.

You're not the first to mention that the plexi blocks can crack, but I've never had that problem with mine and I've been using them for the last 6 years or so.

ian.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users