Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NVIDIA Quadro 2000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Smiler

Smiler

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hello peopes, noob here :)

I want to make a new workstation build watercooled but need to fit 2 x NVIDIA Quadro 2000 GPU's.

Does anyone know of a cooling block that will fit?

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :D

There's not a block that's made for that specific card, but a universal GPU block like THIS should fit ok. If you want some cooling for the RAM then the best bet is to use some RAM Sinks.

HTH,

Ian.

ian.jpg

Smiler

Smiler

• Members
  • 3 posts
Cheers Ian =D:

I found a thread on another site where a chap made a sink from copper plate, I might go down am looking into that route.

My planned list so far is:

Phobya Xtreme NOVA 1080 Radiator
EK-Supremacy Elite - Intel 2011, CPU Water Block
EK-VGA Supremacy - Nickel, Universal GPU Water Block (assuming this will fit)

I could also do with a bit of help on the pump, reservoir & possibly a mainfold so I can hook-up another PC.

The rad will be mounted external to the case, as will the pump & reservoir.

I have some other questions about my propsed setup, should I post elsewhere for those?

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
I saw the thread where the guy made the plate, but I think he did that so that the RAM was covered as well. A lot of work for little real benefit. A small amount of airflow from a low speed fan is all the RAM would need with heat sinks on and the GPU will be cooled better if the block is in direct contact with it.

The best bet for the pump and reservoir is to get them as one unit like THIS or for more power THIS will cope nicely with multiple water blocks and long hose runs. Not what you mean by a manifold, quick release couplings may be helpful tho.

If you ave more questions then just stick them all here and we'll have a go at getting some answers.

ian.jpg

Smiler

Smiler

• Members
  • 3 posts
Thanks Ian.

I have some questions about this: http://www.watercool...lack_19943.html (by the way, how do you format links with text - like you did)?

Anyway, my questions are:
  • I'm intending to use a large external rad (Phobya Xtreme NOVA 1080) with up to 9 x 120mm fans - not sure if I will ever need nine. Will I still need any chassis fans? The only fan inside the chassis (assuming I can watercool the GPU's) will be in the PSU.
  • The headers for CPU & chassis fans are made redundant when using the Lambtron?
  • Where do the temperature sensors connect to?

Were does the pump receive it's power (presumably, I could power this independently from the workstation PSU)? If the pump is independantly powered, presumably, the Lamptron could also take it's power from the same source?

I'm considering building a small unit to house a coulpe of CD/DVD drives, USB hub & the Lamptron (as the worksation will be located away for the desk location), so could power everytjing from that. I know that there will be a loc of interconnecting cabling, but that's not an issue for me.

As for the general build of the cooling system, I had though the following:
  • Pump/reservoir (as per your suggestion)
  • Connect to T piece (blanked off - for drain/connection the future PC)
  • Connect into worksation at low point for T piece (drain)
  • Connect into GPU 1
  • Connect from GPU 1 into GPU 2
  • Connect from GPU 2 into CPU
  • Connect from CPU into Rad
  • Connect from Rad to pump/reservoir

What head is permissible between the various components & are there any do's/don'ts with locating the kit?

Thanks again for your help.

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
That's a lot of questions, but I'll give it a go :)

To format the link to text just type the text you want to be the link, highlight it, click the link button and paste in the url. So Lamptron becomes Lamptron.

1. It's best to have a couple of chassis fans, intake and exhaust, because there are still components in there that need to get rid of heat, most notably the VRMs and RAM. A couple of 1000 rpm fans will do.
2. if all the fans are attached to the fan controller then the headers on the mobo will be redundant. Just remember to enter the bios and disable the CPU fan warning. If you're putting the fan controller in an external unit then the chassis fans will need to be plugged onto the mobo headers.

The pump uses a 4 pin molex connector so will need to be plugged into a PSU.

Your proposed loop configuration is fine, the only hard and fast rule is to have the reservoir before and higher than the pump (if these pumps are run dry they very quickly burn out).
The 18W pump (which would be the one to go for given your plans) has a max head pressure of 4.7m (at that height the flow rate would be zero) so a metre or so between lowest and highest parts of the loop should be ok.

If you plan to have more than that then you may need an second pump. If so you can use a dual top which gives almost twice the head pressure of the single pump. You would then need a separate reservoir like a Bay or a Cylinder type.

When building the loop, try to avoid any 90 degree or very tight bends as this causes restrictions to the water flow, as do long hose runs so try to plan the loop to keep the hose length to a minimum.

The only thing that I would say not to do is to use the T-Piece to connect the second future PC. Splitting the flow is generally not good, it would be better to fit the future pc into the existing loop, so from point 8 above connect from rad to PC2 then 9 from PC2 to res/pump. I would definitely recommend using a T-piece for a drain, it's something I've done ever since trying to drain my first water cooling loop without one (a very good way of filling an computer case with water that is :( ).

Hth,

Ian.

ian.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users