Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Component check please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

matthewrblack

matthewrblack

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Evening all, it has been ages since I posted as a result of being away from the computer scene for a while. Anyway after my comp had a comming together with a pint of orange juice its upgrade time and that means new loop time whoop whoop.

Anyway I have a ThermoChill PA120.2 and a ThermoChill PA120.3 which have sat about the house in their unopened boxes.

I am looking to cool an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard with a i7 3930K. I like the look of the frosted nickel EK Waterblocks and the processor waterblock.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Really I am asking a few things here,

1. Radiator combo and the waterblocks compatable nickel / copper combo?
2. Are there any other blocks I should consider?
3. I need a pump. Recomendations?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
Welcome back :thumb:

The blocks are nice,but you have to look at how it looks.
that's if your after a asthetic looking case,that matches the Mobo.
You cant go wrong with the Laing pumps.this should be more than enough for 2 rads and waterblocks.
http://www.watercool...-MCP355_91.html

Andy

matthewrblack

matthewrblack

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Cheers Andy.

I chose the blocks initially based only on the looks as I think they are fantastic. With red fluid running through them it can only add to the apeal especially whan bolted to a Rampage IV Extreme. As for the pump I was undecided but the Laing gets the vote.

As it has been a few years sinice building my first rig I started reading into fluids etc, is it safe to presume modern fluids contain chemicals to prevent galvanic corrosion so the copper rads and nickel waterblocks should be fine?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users