Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

XSPC X2O 1/4" threads to 3/8"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi there, I have a thermal take big water 750 cooling system set up in my pc and the pump has been destroyed. The thermaltake system uses 3/8" ID tubing and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to connect this to an XSPC X20 that says its connection size is '1/4" threads'

If anyone could help out it'd be much appreciated!

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts

welcome to the site :D

That's no problem, the 1/4" threads is pretty much a standard for water cooling hose fittings and is not related to the hose size.

All you need is either a couple of 3/8" Hose Tails or 3/8" Compression Fittings. Fot these to the reservoir and attach the hose.

That should be job done, other than filling and bleeding the system of course. :)

P.S. I just had a look at the thermal take big water 750 and the hose looks to be 3/8" OD not ID. This means you would need 10/8mm fittings!

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi Ian, thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help. Turns out I only need 1 more compression fitting as one of the ones from the old pump fit in the new reservoir.

Thanks for the tip about thread sizes, saved me a massive headache as I would have ended up getting the wrong size!

Thanks mate,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users