Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ssd problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
Hi guys i have a ssd but cant format it because it says the disc is write protected i dont know how this happened any ideas?

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
Hi Dazza.

Not sure if this helps.

Boot your computer into safe mode. To do this, restart your computer. While it is rebooting, continually press the F8 key until a menu pops up. From that menu, select "Safe Mode."

Open Windows Explorer. To do this, wait for your computer to finish starting in Safe Mode. From the desktop, press the windows key and "E" simultaneously.

Right-click on the disk you're attempting to format. Select the "Format" option from the pop-up menu.

If the steps above do not work, try editing the registry directly. Select START (bottom left of your screen) and RUN to open the run dialog box. Type "regedit" (without quotes) into the dialog box that appears, and press enter.

Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies. Change the value for the key "WriteProtect" to 0

Andy

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts
yeah cheers andy found that one aswell and it sorted it, thanks for looking though.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
Glad you sorted it out.So Google does help then Posted Image

Aandy

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
I think disk part could of also helped, instead of having to reboot in safe mode :-p
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU = I5 2500K Oc'ed to 4.7
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
MOBO= Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
PSU = 850 xFx Black Edition
Mem = Mushkin Redline 2133MHZ 9-11-10 28
Case = TJ07
Cooling =Custom Water Cooling
Display = 27" LED 3D Samsung monitor
HD = 90 OCZ SSD
HD Storage = 1TB Samsung + 500GB Seagate
OS Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition

Peri
7.1 Surround, Rat7 Mouse, Razor Lycosa Keyboard, iPad 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
Yep DiskPart of GParted would sort you as well. Alternatively booting from any live disc/Windows repair CD/WinPE always works :)

My Blog => http://adriank.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users