Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Playstation Phat (60GB Original CECHA) Watercooling

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

skorpien

skorpien

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I've been searching high and low for an answer to my question, so hopefully somebody here can provide some insight.

I've been trying to watercool my original 60GB North American Playstation 3 (model CECHA) and haven't been able to find a suitable block this side of the pond. I ordered an AlphaCool block that claimed it was compatible, yet the holes for the screws do not align at all.

Looking at the Liquid Extasy SB Playstation 3 B Waterblock, it seems the positions of the screw holes are correct but I want to make sure that it will be compatible. On the product page it says it is compatible with CECHC and identical models only (and as far as I know the CECHA is identical), but the last time I went with the description on the product page I ended up with a shiny, expensive paperweight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

skorpien

PS - If it is compatible, would anyone know what the shipping would cost to Canada? The site is a bit confusing when it comes to information on international shipping and I'm not sure the quote in the cart is correct. Thanks.

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
I can't find anything that confirms that the CECHA is identical to the CECHC so couldn't say if this block will fit.

For shipping queries it's best to email the shop direct, they should be able to give the correct price.

ian.jpg

skorpien

skorpien

• Members
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply, IanF. I'm basing my assumption off of the Wikipedia article on the Playstation 3 hardware, which states that the CECHAXX and CECHCXX both had 90nm CPU and GPU, with the only major difference (aside from being NTSC and PAL respectively) is that the CECHCXX lacks the PS2 Emotion Engine chip (there are pictures on the page which illustrate this). As the CPU and GPU seem to be the same size and in the same place I assumed it would be compatible with the waterblock. I was just looking for confirmation.

As for shipping, I tried emailing them directly but received no response, though I'm probably being slightly impatient to be honest... I'll give it more time and email them again if I hear nothing.

Thanks again :)

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Yup,

looking at that I agree with your conclusion. the area covered by the block is identical so you should have no probs :)

ian.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users