Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Block for ASUS HD 6950

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jackster

Jackster

• Members
  • 1 posts
I have one of these bad boys.

Posted Image

I think the model is "GFX-AT6950-90-C1CQ80".

I have heard that most generic blocks don't fit.

Anyone know what one will fit it?

Thank you!

abcmaster

abcmaster

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
There is one however it is 80 pound, also I would try the one from WCUK store they sell one for 19.99 however you may have to remove the aluminum black part. Its the first one on the full cover GPU blocks ati if it doesn't then you can drill holes in the aluminium or copper so that the vrms just slot into it as they are cylindrical ERM the one for 80 quid I think its an EK and the part where the vrms go is cut out
"She said she was hot for me, so i gave her a spare heat sink. She didnt seem happy :( I just don't understand women." — MrRoboto1024.

abcmaster

abcmaster

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
http://www.ekwb.com/...-en-nickel.html heres the one withthe VRM part cut out
"She said she was hot for me, so i gave her a spare heat sink. She didnt seem happy :( I just don't understand women." — MrRoboto1024.

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
If Asus have used a non reference PCB design then a full cover block probably wont fit.

The alternative is to use a GPU only block and some heatsinks for the memory and vrms.

May be worth trying to find out if it is a reference board first.

Ian.

ian.jpg

abcmaster

abcmaster

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
its all bollocks, 5970 blocks fit on as well my friend used a 4890 block on his also i have used the alphacool i recently bought which also works if it dosnt im sure you can make it all were non ref desighns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users