Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Mathewlisett

Mathewlisett

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
ok, so after buying a different ide to sata adapter the drives that are sata are see when in bios and as a slave.

how ever ive just tried to install windows 7, it saw the drive, did the partiton completed the installation of files and then on reboot gave the above message, so i tried seeing if the wrong hard drive was on boot, so every single hard drive boot option there is and stillthe same mesasge

am i forgetting soemthign as its been like over a year since ive done a fresh install.

dont forget this is a sata drive communcating through an adapter to the old ide motherboard. bios sees all hard drives, windows installs windows fine it seems untill it reboots then the error happens.
Originally Posted by Elemental_Dragon View Post
LEARN TO READ AND HAVE PATIENCE BOY!

~Bex

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
best bet is to google it.i think it's something to with the mobo and your hdd not comunicating.
Good luck ;)

Andy

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
check the adapters website, maybe a new driver/flash for it is available.
Or possibly updating the bios may help.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users