Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Age of Conan

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ericappla

ericappla

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
Hi folks,

I ended up basically just playing one game which is Age Of Conan and ocationally I play some of the Dawn of War series and lately played Witcher II. Witcher II is known to be very HW demanding but I still didn't had many problems playing it with my current setup with average graphic settings at 2560*1600. problem I'm facing is Age Of Conan. FPS drops down to 10-20 in certain messy battles whcih is unacceptable. I tried to reduce graphic settings in AoC to minimum however problem persist. I tried to overclock my CPU to see if it has any impact but it does not.

My curent setup is

C2D E8600 @4.8GHz
4GB DDR2 mem at 1200MHz
GPU HD5970 @850MHz both cores fixed

HDDs 2x Intel M25 second series in RAID0

I know it's quite an old system but with the OC I managed to get out of it I would still expect it to suffice.

Any ideas how can I test what is bottlenecking my gaming experience??

Cheers

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
never played the game,so can't say how well it runs.have you tried the games forums for help.
Don't think anyone here will help,as it's gone quiet.sshhhhhhh :D

Andy

Brakston

Brakston

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi ericappla
I havent played the game for ages but had a look at it the other day as its free to play now but read on the age of conan forum that thay are having big probs since patch 3.0 so have a look at the age of conan forum like andy said sorry i couldent be anymore help hope you are able to sort the prob soon.

ericappla

ericappla

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
cheers folks i am now in touch with funcom tech department and their advice is to reinstall the game which means 30GB download and that will bump my download allowance limit...grrrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users