Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Need advise for new WC setup

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PBCBung

PBCBung

• Members
  • 1 posts
HI All,

I have been out of the PC building/modding for over 3 years now and looking to get back into it. I am currently looking at either a AMD Bulldozer setup or an Intel 2500k setup with the following:

4GB RAM
ATI 4950 (hopfully unlock to 6970)
HAF X Case (Due to its vast space and WC mountings)
Coolermaster 750Watt PSU

I am looking at going for a WC setup with this but have no clue what to go with and what I need, I'm not sure what rads, blocks and reservoirs are good. Could someone point me in the right direction of what I need to purchase?

Regards
Steve

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
Well what i would recommend is googling around the net and see what build logs are around with your case and hardware.;)

Andy

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :D

As Andy has pointed out, your first consideration should be how you will fit a radiator/s into your case. The roof looks the easiest option but the molding on the top may cause problems.

The components you will need are;

CPU water block
GPU water block (if you plan on water cooling this)
radiator (preferably a 3 x 120mm)
pump
reservoir (or a pump/reservoir combo)
Hose
Hose fittings
fans
coolant.

Have a browse though the shop to get an idea of what there is and the cost (water cooling is not cheap :( ).

Once you have an idea of what you want to cool and your budget, we can probably give you some recommendations.

HTH

Ian.

ian.jpg

lrlcr

lrlcr

• Members
  • 2 posts
The haf-x will take a 120.3 in the roof, on the inside. but you lose the top bay. There's a great build log on the OcUK forums of a watercooled haf-x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users