Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Overclock

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

craigt

craigt

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi,

I have got a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO SOCKET AM3 MOTHERBOARD with a AMD Phenom II X6, 2.8 GHz 1055. Does anyone know where i can get a step by step guild on how to overclock this chip? Also, what temps are good if this is going to be overclocked? I am reading around 40c

colin-slater

colin-slater

• Members
  • 15 posts

Hi,

I have got a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO SOCKET AM3 MOTHERBOARD with a AMD Phenom II X6, 2.8 GHz 1055. Does anyone know where i can get a step by step guild on how to overclock this chip? Also, what temps are good if this is going to be overclocked? I am reading around 40c

Temps are a bit high at 40, should be 35 max at idle. What cooler do you have on the cpu?

To oc you:

Check you have a decent 3rd party cooler and temps are ok,

restart computer and go into bios

locate the oc list, on my gigabyte board it's in mit intelligence tweaker or something

then go to multiplyer and change it so it is higher so for you go up to 16x and see what it says like if it says 2800mhz then go up to 17 which should be a 3000mhz.

Then save setting's restart your computer and check temps till you get to 40 degrees then I would say you are at it's max

hope this helps
WINDOWS 7 WAS MY IDEA!

craigt

craigt

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
hello,

I am running a watercooled plate on the CPU with one 120 Rad and a Pump res combo. I am getting temps of about 50C when i am transcoding vedio.Temps do drop down to 40C when idea very quickly. but does anyone know why this might be the case and some advise on how to get the temps down please.

craigt

craigt

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
oh should say oc to 4Ghz

Guest_Colin Slater_*

Guest_Colin Slater_*
  • Guests

oh should say oc to 4Ghz

Hmmmm...Do you have any case fans in your case and what is your case. I'd get a good PWM fan like the Akasa Apache or Alpenfohn Wing Boost on your rad and one in the back too. Your case will probably already have a fan in the front if it's decent. Download speedfan and prime95, open up speedfan to check temps, the core shouldn't be above 55 but yours may go up to 60 until you get some new fans. Prime 95 sets the load to 100% so run it for about 30mins. If it goes to 70 or above, then exit prime95 and you'll have to lower the oc to I'd say 3.5ghz andthen do speedfan and prime 95 again. Before you lower the oc, get one of the fans i suggested as I reckon it will make quite a difference, especiallythe one on the rad. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users