Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Galileo v2.2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
So, after Galileo's last re-fit in January 2010, I thought it was time to change the coolant and have a general re-jig, so here goes:

More photos will be online tomorrow evening, when I have access to my point-and-shoot again (my 400D ran out of juice just after stripping the rig ... d'oh!)

Before stripping down
Posted Image

After de-cabling
Posted Imagez

... more photos to go here ...

New layout
Posted Image

UV goodness!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Matrix Orbital GX I received from my boss (who also gave me the Tygon!) - LcdStudio is a complete pain to work with but I got there!
Posted Image

Other changes are the orientation of the radiator (ports were originally to the front of the case) to allow for neater cabling and mounting the Crucial C300 SSD onto the side of the drive bays as I don't have any converters to hand and I quite like the look, though it's a pain as it's upside down!
More photos to come :)
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
I got some converters from Intel SSD Craig, just drop me a PM if you want them.

My Blog => http://adriank.org

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • 4,147 posts
Looks thresher in there.Cable management,could do with being more stealthy.:rolleyes:
Deserve a medal for getting all them loops in there.:blink:

Andy

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

I got some converters from Intel SSD Craig, just drop me a PM if you want them.

Nah it's cool, I quite like it mounted like that - thanks anyway :)

Looks thresher in there.Cable management,could do with being more stealthy.:rolleyes:

Yeah I know the cables are a bit messy, but I'm not that fussed about it because (a) I'm planning the next rig for later this year, so Galileo only has another 8 or 9 months to go, and (B) the only light in the case is the UV from the EC6, so it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" :D

Deserve a medal for getting all them loops in there.:blink:

Thanks! It did take a couple of hours of head-scratching to come up with that layout, with 1/2" ID Tygon it was a very tight fit, the amount of Tygon I wasted in cutting the hose a fraction too short is pretty bad, but I got it for nothing so hey :D
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users