Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How to remove case rivets and insert new ones?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

grishenko45

grishenko45

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi,

can anyone give me a link to a decent rivet gun, rivets suitable for pc case please?

and i'm guessing you just drill out the original rivets?

thanks

It doesn't matter what you water cool - it becomes extreme!

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
What case are you dismantling?

marcus.jpg

grishenko45

grishenko45

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
antec 900
antec 300
thermaltake soprano

Marcus

Marcus

Speed & Tickets

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts
Grab a load of 4x8mm rivets off eBay (couple of quid) and any normal hand operated pop rivet gun and you're laughing. =D:

marcus.jpg

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
Yep. Drill out the rivets. You want a drill bit slightly larger than the centre hole/dimple, and use it slowly so you dont scratch the case!

To replace them, put the long skinny end in yr rivet gun, push the fat end through the hole to be riveted, and squeeze :)

What are you planning to do to your case? If yr gonna have it black, you can get some sexy black rivets :)

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

grishenko45

grishenko45

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Grab a load of 4x8mm rivets off eBay (couple of quid) and any normal hand operated pop rivet gun and you're laughing. =D:

thanks marcus - are 4x8mm rivets the standard size?

Yep. Drill out the rivets. You want a drill bit slightly larger than the centre hole/dimple, and use it slowly so you dont scratch the case!

To replace them, put the long skinny end in yr rivet gun, push the fat end through the hole to be riveted, and squeeze :)

What are you planning to do to your case? If yr gonna have it black, you can get some sexy black rivets :)

thanks - to answer your question, planning a crazy case mod - i'll put it in the project log when i start!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users