Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

bit quiet in here..please have a look

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

loady

loady

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi

Ok, im set on the following parts, still not sure on the res, fittings, fans and coolant, i am not interested in looks as i dont want to see it, my ultimate goal is quietness, the rads are going to be located on top of the cabinet the case is housed in so they will be ported out the back so they would ideally need to be quick release, the other connectors neednt be quick release as i dont intend on upgrading for some time now...

EK Water Blocks EK-FC460 GTX - Nickel £56.64

EK Water Blocks EK-FC460 GTX Backplate - Nickel plated £14.74

Watercool HK CPU Rev3.0 1156 LC Water Block £25.08

Phobya CPU Mainboard Backplate 775/1366/1155/1156 £3.78

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator £38.62

12V Laing D5 Vario Pump (Swiftech MCP655) £72.99

EK-Laing D5 X-TOP G1/4 Rev.2

I am really stuck on the resevoir at the moment..should i consider a 5.25 res/pump combo thus bringing the price down but will the noise go up considerably?..what other options for a res in this case..

case with hdd in

case with hdd out

this is all i want to see

I like my case because it looks like a piece of audio equipment and doesnt look out of place, the flap drops down and theres a 120 grill for fan where i had the H50, i could mont the pump to the back of this thus blocking the grill ?

What else am i missing or can you recommend, i want to finalise the order monday hopefully.

Regards.

Kev

Wgizmo

Wgizmo

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Links are not working for me.

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
Same here,no pics,no clue.
I tried the Primo res/pump with bad results,not up to date on the latest edtion.
Since then i have settled for this pump/Res,can place it were you like,to fit your loop.
Posted Image

i had the same pump as you,but with the Res/pump setup,it takes a lot less space.

andy

loady

loady

• Members
  • 3 posts

Same here,no pics,no clue.
I tried the Primo res/pump with bad results,not up to date on the latest edtion.
Since then i have settled for this pump/Res,can place it were you like,to fit your loop.
Posted Image

i had the same pump as you,but with the Res/pump setup,it takes a lot less space.

andy

links fixed

How did you find the noise difference between the two ? i have nothing to compare these to as i have not WC before but i want silence...i am considering the convect o matic ultra as a passive rad

IanF

IanF

Level 10

• Moderators
  • 2,896 posts
Where would you place the passive rad?

Looking at the last pic there's nowhere it could go that has natural air flow.

Even with fans at the top you will probably get hot air being drawn back into the front of the case as it can't escape from above.

ian.jpg

andybones12

andybones12

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
Bay drive pumps are in your face,so you will here some noise for sure.There are loads more versions out there now,that i'm sure they have improved on noise issues.
My pump is hidden ,so thee is even less noise. ;)
Posted Image

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users