Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Compression Fittings.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jinx

jinx

• Members
  • 8 posts
hi guys,

Finally got all the base components for my watercooling rig (thanks WCUK :) ):

Posted Image

My next step is the tubing and fittings. Now to be honest I was thinking of getting bitspower fittings mainly for the aesthetics, but at £8+ a pop I really couldn't justify getting them at least, unless they are worth it.

I do want to stick to compression fittings, mainly for the aesthetics, but I was just wondering if there was any particular performance issues/enhancements in getting standard compression fittings over say the branded bitspower fittings.

Would I be just fine getting the standard £2.50 fittings in terms of performance/reliability or are the branded enzo/bitspower/xspc fittings really worth the extra cost.

I spotted the XSPC fittings:
XSPC Coin Fit G1/4 to 3/8 ID 5/8 OD Compression Fitting

@ £2.50 each but I'm just wondering if there was a catch to seeing a branded set of compression fittings for so cheap.

Any advice guys?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
There is nothing wrong with the cheaper ones.

I've used unbranded ones before and had no issues.

If i were to change mine, i'd probably go for the EK ones, or the XSPC ones as and when they come out

Bitspower are awesome, I have some, but theyre not justifiable IMO

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

jinx

jinx

• Members
  • 8 posts

There is nothing wrong with the cheaper ones.

I've used unbranded ones before and had no issues.

If i were to change mine, i'd probably go for the EK ones, or the XSPC ones as and when they come out

Bitspower are awesome, I have some, but theyre not justifiable IMO

Thanks for the reply Aaron, I'm leaning towards the xspc ones at the moment as they have them in the tubing size I'm looking for, although I've been told to look either towards the EK or Feser ones too. But if the brand doesn't make that much of a difference I think I'll go with what's available in the size I'm looking for.

Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666

Level 7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
im using feser one comp fittings and must say i do like them alot EK got some nice 1s but i do agree bitspower are over priced for what they are :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

jinx

jinx

• Members
  • 8 posts
Yeah I saw the EK ones, and I would get those if they did the sizes I want. I'll probably grab the Feser ones as they do have 3/8" ID 5/8" OD.

Ricky

Ricky

Level 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hey I hope you have some high CFM fans ordered for that RAD!
..: project 'superblu' currently in development :..

i7 920 (currently @ 3.2 GHZ 24/7 / 6GB Corsair Dominator / Gigabyte UD7 / ATI Radeon 5870 / Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium / HX 850 / WD Caviar Black 1TBx2 / 3 x Dell E228WFP via ATI Eyefinity / Obsidian 800D / Win' 7 Ultimate 64bit / All Totally Watercooled

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users