Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Stockholm!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
Little memory lane trip back to the place I where I lived between '97 and '99 while my Dad worked for SEB (one of Sweden's biggest banks). Some highlights (posting this from my hotel room so will be posting more in the next two days) - will do some PP when I get back home, I know the whitebalance on some of them is a bit off:

Posted Image
Sunset at 37,000ft by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Posted Image
Sunset on the Wing by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Posted Image
Altorp Forest Routes by CraigWatson, on Flickr
^^ I did the 4.6km route we used to do as kids - I'm sure they made the bugger longer!

Posted Image
Altorp Forest by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Posted Image
Me in Altorp Forest by CraigWatson, on Flickr
^^ Yes I know it's tilted, camera was on timer resting on a branch ;)

Posted Image
Bike Frozen in Snow by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Posted Image
5 by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Posted Image
22 by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Posted Image
23 by CraigWatson, on Flickr
^^ That - believe it or not - should be a river

Posted Image
24 by CraigWatson, on Flickr
^^ Because I had to ;)

Posted Image
26 by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Posted Image
31 by CraigWatson, on Flickr

Full Set is here: [clicky]
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Epic boat name :-D

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

CraigWatson

CraigWatson

Level 666

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
:lol: Yeah I had to take a photo of that one. Just updated the post with the full photoset URL, forgot :)
Poseidon | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS P8P67-Pro | HIS 6970 2GB IceQ Turbo | 120GB Vertex 3 | 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID0) | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 3 x Samsung 245B 24"

Atlantis | Xeon E3-1230 | 4GB Kingston 1066MHz DDR3 ECC | Supermicro X9SCA-F | 4 x 1TB Samsung F3 (RAID5) | LSI 9260-4i | VMware vSphere 5

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
I like the first sunset image, nice composition :)

As you may know already, your white balance issues are caused by the large areas of snow reflecting the sun - this almost always confuses the camera's metering system if you leave it in auto mode.

It can be tricky to correct this afterwards, often because there just isn't enough information in the underexposed areas to bring out. A selective adjustment in levels and /or curves could work but avoid applying to the whole image un-selectively - in trying to rescue the underexposed areas you may 'blow' out' the lighter areas.

It's handy to take these sorts of pictures in RAW as you get a lot more scope to rescue underexposed/ overexposed areas than jpeg can offer. With snow scenes adding +1 exposure compensation to what your camera thinks should get you in the ballpark of what you want when taking the picture - and you've always got the option of using exposure bracketing and picking out the best one when you get home :)

edit: Better explanation here: http://www.kenrockwe...m/tech/snow.htm
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

B-N

B-N

• Members
  • 21 posts

Epic boat name :-D

Haha..i was thinking that too.

Nice pics there fella. :)

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
I think your avatar kinda suits the fact you've dug out the dead thread :D

My Blog => http://adriank.org

B-N

B-N

• Members
  • 21 posts

I think your avatar kinda suits the fact you've dug out the dead thread :D

Yeah..Very good. ;)

Your not trying to stir things up are you.? :unsure:

Sorry that was awful wasn't it?.. i couldn't think of anything else to say about spoons.

Packer

Packer

WCUK Staff

• Administrators
  • 2,319 posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: and that told you Adrian ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users