Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Spec me! New WC Components.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sh4d0w

sh4d0w

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hi all,

I seem to be a little out of the "Loop" (see what i did there!!???!?!) with whats hot and whats not.

I have built my new Sandy Rig and decided on my color scheme but i now need to decide on my loop as this air cooling lark is winding me up!

What i have:
800D - Stock at the minute but will mod where needed, IE, i think i want a Rad in the bottom.
Asus P67 Pro
Intel 2600k
EVGA 570 SC - Single at the moment but will be adding a second at some point in the near future.
an SSD and 3 others - all in the hot swap bays
2x DVD Drives - 3 bays free
BeQuiet 1200w PSU - I have my MDPC Sleeving on standby ready to initiate project "Megabraid".

What Cooling gear i have here from prev rigs:
Swiftech MCP655 (Laing D5 Vario)
D-Tek Fuzion CPU Block
Thermochill PA120.3 - 20/25mm Spacing
DD-Fillport and Res (T-Line)
6" ThermoTube Res
3x 120mm Panaflow Fans - FBA12G12M - The old time favorites, are they still the best? these fans are 38MM Deep (1.5") so paired with the depth of my PA-Rad (if it is uesd) it takes me to 69MM Depth.
3x 120mm Thermaltake Pure Silence ISGC Fans - 800-1300RPM @ 25mm Deep
1x 120mm Scythe S-Flex - SFF21E
4x 120mm Antec 3 Speed - OEM Fans
2x 120mm Sharkoon Silent Eagle Golf Ball fans, that are FAR from silent, these are VERY noisy, got two mounted in the roof of my case at the mo, they over power the rest of the fans at about 1200RPM, http://www.overclock....-006-SH&tool=3
All the stock Corsair fans + a bunch of others knocking about the house.
4x 120mm Wire fan grills
1x AC Ryan 120mm stainless steel rad grill "RadGrillz"
Loads of spare barbs, clear 7/16th Tygon tubing (new build will be solid white tube though).

IF i can make use out of any of the above... Great, if not, its going on the Members Market.

I was hoping to use the PA Rad in the roof of my case but it appears to be too deep for comfort and routing my tubing, perhaps i'm wrong?

I am planning to Cool my CPU and GPU/s Would prefer a single loop but may do a dual loop IF its worth it, I will be looking to use 1/2" Barbs and 7/16th Tubing, im not familiar with compression fittings as i have always used barbs but i am always up for trying something new.

I will need a Fan Controller too, at present i have an analogue 6 channel custom built controller and i have a nasty Gatewatch thing.

SO, Spec me up if you can, Thanks.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
The hole spacing on top of the corsair is 15mm so you wont be able to use the thermochill rad you have, unless you cut out the top and use a fan grill with 25mm spacing. You can use a thick radiator in the top for sure, i had a xspc rx 480 rad in the top of mine, heres the cut out :)
Posted Image

And heres the fan grill mounted:
Posted Image

Your d-tek cpu block, dont think they do a mount for sandybridge, so looks like a new block is on the cards. The fans tbh, only ones i would use are the panaflows and the s-flex. Fan controller, lamptrons are good, can have multiple fans on one channel no probs. Pump you have is good, reservoir, dont know which one that is, but you could get a EK multioption res and fix it onto the mobo tray, or a very nice koolance d5 bay res which would make things a bit easier.

sh4d0w

sh4d0w

• Members
  • 6 posts
Thanks for that dude! i am now wondering, can i not use my PA120.3 but drill and re-tap the holes for the 15mm Spacing?

If i am to cut the whole roof of my case off and but the new grill, i might aswell buy a new rad or upgrade to a 120.4.

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
No probs.

I dunno about making the thermochill 15mm spacing, never seen it done which leads to me to believe it cant be done, not sure????

If you decide to cut the roof and install a 480 rad, be aware that you will lose 2 drive bays.

Have a search for 800D builds, there are loads of them out there now, some crazy modded ones also, maybe you can pick up a few more ideas ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users