Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Monday Studio shot's

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I've not looked at Alien bee's,Ive just got my eyes set on a set of 500/500 Bowens. but im getting a Flashgun first, and then a 5Dm2 :)

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Posted Image

Ive edited a few more,heres Amber(other girl)

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
noyce

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Can i have the blonde? Pretty please. Ill feed her and stuff :)

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
hubba hubba.

not too sure about cropping it off at the brunettes hand though, isnt that meant to be a cardinal sin in photography? Never crop at a joint etc. you could be stoned to death or summat!!

edit: also managed to find a cheaper studio, but has to be booked in 4 hour blocks. £50 for 4 hours. So am gonna try and get a few peeps to come and have pics done to make it worthwhile. wont be for a month or so tho, am trying to talk the mrs into letting me buy a new camera.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
It is. And i dont have an excuse for it. i dont think i was paying much attention tbh for the first 5 minutes of this part of the Shoot :P plus if i was to Crop anymore,i'd loose a a good asset of hers.

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts

It is. And i dont have an excuse for it. i dont think i was paying much attention tbh for the first 5 minutes of this part of the Shoot :P plus if i was to Crop anymore,i'd loose a a good asset of hers.

cant blame you, must have had other things on your mind. Tell them both you need to reshoot cos some of the pics went wrong!!

on a side note, have decided to buy a new camera so picking up a D90 with 18-105 lens tomoz. Also gonna try and milk em for some freebies. B)
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Im a Canon Man,so i have no idea the specs on a D90,i do know there good but :P.

My next big upgrade will be a 17-70/2.8-4 Sigma Os lens :P its £335. Them....My Canon 5DmkII with 24-70/2.8 L Lens XD but i might keep the cash and apply for a 50% small business grant,and get studio gear aswell as a Decent telephoto lens :)

But Sarah (Fiance) bought me a Metz 48-Af1 flashgun today. It comes tomorow XD so excited! Decided to got 3rd party as the Metz was better then the canon 430ExII.

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts
been thinking about a metz myself, only £99 in london camera exchange (manchester branch). But am also weighing it out with a nissin flash. have another nissin so would make sense to get that. Main reason i want is for the slave mode.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
It's brops best sticking with the Nissin tbh :). I got the Metz today. It's way more powerful then Canon's 430ExII
I'm gunna buy wireless triggers and get another Cheapo flash i can shoot manually with. I also plan on getting flashgun softboxes and stands to do location shoots :D

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts
same here, either that or a car battery and power modulater and making my own batter pack, prolly end up killing myself if i did that tho. :blink:

on the D90 front, went to 3 camera shops in manchester town ctr today, none had it in stock. So rang up Calumet, one in stock and cheapest price yet. £749 for 18-105 lens & camera. so paid over the phone and am picking up tomoz. May have a look at their studio facilities while am there too.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Sweet :) I dont really like Calumet,but they are good for Film stuff, like Paper and chems ect. :) gunna play with the flash today. Looking forward to it i am :P

Let me know how your new Camera is :P

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts
collected camera today, went into calumet and nearly filled my pants. but, unfortunately I havent wont the lottery yet so couldnt play.

Camera is a wet dream in physical form, amazingly quick glass with it. Absolutely love the DOF preview feature. Now to read the 290 page manual...... yeah as if!!
Looks like my D40 is gonna become semi retired and only used as a 2nd cam.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
OR...The D40 can be sold and the money used on a new lens :P Haha :P

I'm Shooting my uncles wedding in march and i was going to hire out a Canon 24-70/2.8, but i might just talk my parents round to buying me the Sigma lens i wanted and paying them back. It seems more Fiscal then spending £70 for the week,i can spend more,and have a better quality optics for longer :) What do you think?

Also Swift wraith,Noticed how weve high jacked my Thread to talk sololy About Cameras and the likes :P

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts
get the lens, in the long run its a better investment than hiring.

As for selling the D40, may be an option I could look at. Dont need any new lenses though, have 5 now all AF-S fit.

And its your own fault about the camera chat, if you put up more pics of laydees in skimpy outfits etc then we'd chat cameras less B)

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Valid point, and the only other photo's i've done simular to that has been of my Fiance,and there not getting posted :P

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Took some shots of Sarah Yesterday, One of which is on my Flickr. Heres the Link: http://www.flickr.co...ohn/5393619999/

C&C Welcome :P

Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Sell the D40 to me :D for cheap tho :P

Project 'S'

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts
define cheap? would come with a 18-55 lens, spare battery,charger, leads, strap, user manual & a book on using D40
Can get a shutter count if needed.

ps. John, Sarahs cute ;)

Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
I dunno. Dunno how much theyre worth these days....want a D5000 but cant afford :(

Project 'S'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users