Welcome to WatercoolingUK Community Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Monday Studio shot's

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
My Style of photography took an interesting Turn on monday.Heres the story!(i'll keep it short)

I was supposed to be shooting a Random Girl for her modeling portfolio,Borring,but it's experience and i need it. Unfortuantly(at the time it was) she canceled,or rather,didnt message me confirming she was still up for it.

I Rushed around looking for another model as i paid for the studio to book it, And i ask My Fiance's Friend if she wanted to Model for me,She said yes! i was chuffed! Gemma's A good looking Girl and good Laugh,i thought atleast its not a waste of a day. Gemma Turned up with her friend Amber for support as my Fiance couldnt make it. We got to the studio and Gemma got Changed,and up untill that point,i thought i was doing a Fassion shoot regardless i was told,it would be for Gemma's Portfolio. Gemma's An Alt Girl, By which i mean, Go to the shops,and pick up a Copy of Front Mag,She's that type of girl. So we shot an Alt/ Lingerie Shoot. Half way through, we somehow managed to talk Amber into Modeling aswell.

Needless to say,i had a Good day,Got some great Photo's and im Looking forward to shooting some more photos! I'm looking to ask them to shoot again as they were great!
Any how,not completed editing yet,but heres 4 shots from monday.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

spoon

spoon

Level 10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,077 posts
Links are dead...

My Blog => http://adriank.org

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Links are dead...

Yeah,was trying to upload from Flickr,Sorted now i think.

Dannyburnley

Dannyburnley

Level 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
OMG she is amazing!!! good shots dude!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU = I5 2500K Oc'ed to 4.7
GPU = x2 EVGA GTX570 SC
MOBO= Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
PSU = 850 xFx Black Edition
Mem = Mushkin Redline 2133MHZ 9-11-10 28
Case = TJ07
Cooling =Custom Water Cooling
Display = 27" LED 3D Samsung monitor
HD = 90 OCZ SSD
HD Storage = 1TB Samsung + 500GB Seagate
OS Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition

Peri
7.1 Surround, Rat7 Mouse, Razor Lycosa Keyboard, iPad 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delgado

Delgado

Frog

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
Wow. You had a substantially better Monday than I did.
All arrays Chuck Norris declares are of infinite size, because Chuck Norris knows no bounds.

dazza

dazza

Oh Hai!

• Members
  • 2,083 posts

Wow. You had a substantially better Monday than I did

+1 on that my friend

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
HOT!

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
It was a Good Monday,these are just Rough Edit's,im finishing the Skin Smoothing today/this weekend. :)

digitaldunc

digitaldunc

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Looks like you need to fill those holes in the wall...
Posted Image

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
you said you shot 2 peeps, i see one!!

how much you pay for studio session? nearest one to me is run by a complete amateur. Doesnt even white balance her camera before a studio session.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I'm Still Editing,i'll pop a pic or two up later.

You White Balance a Camera before shoot? :blink: :P

Ko, I have Mines Calibrated to work with Flash On a Custom Setting,Makes thing's easier.

The Guy Charged £20 for two hours,which was the least we could have. But im going to use a Better Studio Next time,which will be next month :) I'm thinking asking to shoot them again :)

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts
what i meant was she doesnt use a grey card or anything that can calibrate her camera properly. My neice had a high key shoot done by her then a 3 shot montage photoshopped onto 1 pic. Every background was a different shade. I was appalled.

cheapest i can get for a studio is £100 for half day.

speaking of, am doing some pics tomoz at work for the board members. Best get my gear ready.
Intel Quad 8200, 2gb Corsair Twin X, DFI Lanparty Jnr, XFX 260 Black Edition, 2.75tb of Samsung Spinpoints, Corsair HX1000w Psu, Coolermaster Cosmos-S case, Generic 19" Monitor, Logitech G15 & Razr Diamondback.

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

what i meant was she doesnt use a grey card or anything that can calibrate her camera properly. My neice had a high key shoot done by her then a 3 shot montage photoshopped onto 1 pic. Every background was a different shade. I was appalled.

cheapest i can get for a studio is £100 for half day.

speaking of, am doing some pics tomoz at work for the board members. Best get my gear ready.

£100,thats Expensive! would be cheaper building your own.
Do you have Strobe's ? i'm looking to get a couple and set them up for home shoot's as the shoot from monday would look better in a Bedroom or living room :)

Geralt

Geralt

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
nice shots. Cant see the point of brushing the skin imo. Myabe just bump up the contrast and vibrance to give those photo more colour but i would leave the skin alone as it looks to fake.
I'm just wondering what setup did you have exactly ( ie. continuus lighting + flash or just lighting itself) and on what settings did you shoot? If you wouldnt mind sharing that would be great
" There are some things Man should not know, for rest is Google":D

" Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you to his level and beat you with experience"
:P

Chuck Norris knows more than Google<dance1>

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I used 2 x 300 Watt strobes,with hexigon Softboxes. The Modeling lamp was on,but set to shut off as the Stobe fired.
Aperture was set at f10,Shutter was set at sync to 1/200 but as i was using cheap wireless triggers i reduced down to 1/160. and Iso at 100.
For these shot's i used my 50mm F1.8mk2.

Ive edited these ones better,as these were just rough edit's. Ive managed to filter out the Pink Haze,Which has made the wall's bright white and ive edited the contrast and tones.
ive smoothed the skin lightly,an it has improved the image,it doesent look fake,which im happy about. :)

Geralt

Geralt

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
thanks fo sharing H4voc!. Any chance of seeing edited pics?
" There are some things Man should not know, for rest is Google":D

" Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you to his level and beat you with experience"
:P

Chuck Norris knows more than Google<dance1>

Aaron

Aaron

There's ALWAYS room for a quad rad!

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Wheres the pics of the other girl? :P

Project 'S'

Cosmos S - i7 920 DO @ 4Ghz - Gigabyte EX58-UD5
GTX 275 - 6Gb OCZ Gold 1600Mhz
PA120.4 - XSPC DDCBAYTWO - HF Nickel - EK FB

I love chicken chargrills

fido

fido

Level 9

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
You need an assistant to carry your equipment?

H4V0C

H4V0C

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yeah,i'll get a few up in the next few day's. Im not in a rush.

And Yeah Fido,i do,but your gunna have to fight it out with my Dad for a spot :P

swift_wraith

swift_wraith

Level 8

• Members
  • 833 posts

£100,thats Expensive! would be cheaper building your own.
Do you have Strobe's ? i'm looking to get a couple and set them up for home shoot's as the shoot from monday would look better in a Bedroom or living room :)

yup got some basic strobes, nothing fancy. Wish alien bee imported to uk :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users